PRG50 Casio

dtsoll

Enlightened
Although I have a PAG40T on the way what I really want is a PRG50-1V. I like the solar idea alot. Anybody have one of these? Very cool watch in my estimation. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
Since you have a PAG40 you already know how BIG these are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have a solar PAG50-1V (PRG50-1V in Europe) and really miss the stopwatch function. Everything else on the watch is awesone and has been trouble free.

If you really want to go solar, opt for the PAG50-1VCF which does have the chronograph function as noted by the added "CF".

dtsoll

Enlightened
So, the PAG is the U.S. version and PRG is european version? I wondered about the different letters. thanks. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
I just got the PRG40T-7VER today. This watch is very nice. Titanium model to boot. I got it in a trade and It was advertised as new and it definately is just that, NEW. It is very big which I already knew. I had an early model triple sensor that was bigger than this one though. The darn manual is a virtual novel. And yeah, this one has the stopwatch. I wish it had a countdown timer. For some reason I use that feature a lot on my other watches. Has anybody changed a battery in one of these watches? I wonder how tough it is. I changed the battery in my G-Shock a week or so ago and that wasn't too bad. I probably have a year before I have to change this one though. I love this thing, it is very cool. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
dtsoll said: Has anybody changed a battery in one of these watches? I wonder how tough it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an early version triple sensor too. That sucker took two batteries... newer triple sensors with EL backlight display take 4(!) IIRC.

Anyways, the two batteries finally died after 24 months, so I got everything ready for a routine battery change and was rewarded with a watch that refused to come back to life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've changed batts before so the outcome of this operation really had me stumped. I never messed with it further because the case back requires an odd shaped (and extremly fragile) gasket that needed replacing too.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Greg,
did it have the instructions to touch the AC and battery + with a tweezers on it. kind of hard to explain but you have to short the AC (little round hole with a metal contact) to the plus side of battery. I didn't do this on the last battery I changed on a gshock and it was dead until I figured it out. just checkin. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
There weren't any instructions included, but I knew about the 'reset'. Tried both batteries and still nothing. The innards are much more complex looking than a standard quartz watch too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Latest posts