How do flashaholics shovel?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just got done shoveling, I just came up with a new lighting setup for my shovel and I thought, hmm I wonder how the rest of the CPF gang shovel? I'll have to try and get a pic of my new setup, but I previously just used a PT EOS or a Pentagon MOLLE on my coat.

I'm really hoping to see some real creative setups, I have searched and haven't really found anything on setups.

And please, those who use snow blowers, don't rub it in, I know yall want to lol.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't comment since we don't get snow down here, but I suspect a true flashaholic would get the most powerful incan(s) he owns then use it to melt away anything in his path...

CathastrophiX

Newly Enlightened
I "shovel" with my Can-Am with 60" plow blade.
It have mounted two extra 35W auxilliary lights on the handlebars and a automatic reverse 20W back up light. On my head I have the Zebralight H60 or Magicshine P7.
In an aluminium box on the rear rack, I have one MC-E flashlight and a Q5 thrower. Let it snow, we have about 2,5 feet now.

Flashlight Enthusiast
A real flashoholic doesn't shovel snow, but instead turns on a USL and sublimates the snow into steam.

That's what we do out here. (Okay it doesn't actually snow here, and I don't own a USL, but it sounds pretty cool.)

Vee3

Enlightened
I use this, with a Zebralight. Just dug out a fire pit with it camping a while back (no snow here)...

DSCF2991.jpg

East German entrenching tool. A little beat up since the pic was taken and I don't know where the 'holster' went, but I generally don't EDC a shovel anyway.

A while back, a friend and I were discussing the behavior of out cats...

I said - "My cat will fetch a wadded up piece of paper and drop it in my lap."

He said - "Pfff..... Big deal. My cat digs a hole, poops in it and covers it up."

I said - "So what? My cat does that too."

He said - "Oh yeah? Does he use a shovel?"

vtunderground

Enlightened
I have a Surefire Scoutlight mounted to a picatinny rail on the side of my snow shovel.

Ok, not really... but it sounds good :)

When I shovel at night I just park my truck facing my sidewalk & turn the headlights on.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have any snow here and don't know how to shovel it. Suppose I'd probably have my wife just start up my truck and let the exhaust melt it while I play inside with some flashlights.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Pictured below is a titanium snow shovel from Russia with an Aleph Mule mounted on it. I am prepared, night or day, for any snow that falls here at sea level on Maui.

Ti-Mule-Shovel.jpg

To date, I have no actual experience with this tool and snow removal nor can I state that it serves any real purpose. In theory.........

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heresy it may be, but I find enough ambient light is reflected from storm clouds to illuminate what I need to clear.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Well I just got done shoveling, I just came up with a new lighting setup for my shovel and I thought, hmm I wonder how the rest of the CPF gang shovel? I'll have to try and get a pic of my new setup, but I previously just used a PT EOS or a Pentagon MOLLE on my coat.

I'm really hoping to see some real creative setups, I have searched and haven't really found anything on setups.

And please, those who use snow blowers, don't rub it in, I know yall want to lol.

I used my PT EOS with the snow blower. Seems to be a bunch of snow this year.

Conte

Enlightened
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDAdd1ct
Heresy it may be, but I find enough ambient light is reflected from storm clouds to illuminate what I need to clear.

so you aim all your lights at the sky all together ?

I sure hope so, otherwise it is indeed heresy coming from a flashaholic. lol.

I plow with my quad. I disabled the useless high beams and rerouted the power from them to a pair of 35watt HID floods. I have a 35watt halogen flood on the rear. And I'll have my trusty Hotwired Fulton clipped to my coat chest pocket.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Headlamp...

Although you are referring to snow shoveling... If you're gong to bury any thing at night... I think it might be best to forgo lights altogether... You know... To avoid unwanted attention... That might wreck your plans...

Just remember to bury "whatever" under a tree... "Whatever" will disappear faster, and be harder to detect and dig up...

Superdave

Enlightened
If it's dark i turn on the driveway lights.. lol

Any decent LED light would probably be painful to use with the reflection from the white snow, not to mention looking silly to the neighbors. The next time it snows i'll give it a try though.. currently it's too cold to snow here. :mecry:

Latest posts