• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Coming attractions to the Shoppe.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been contemplating offering the Opalec Newbeam module on my web store.

I think this will be a great addition. It offers features that the Badboy and Madmax don't offer. Good long runtime, flood type application and low battery indicator.

What do you think?

Wayne

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
While your Modules are brighter, I have always liked the Opalec Newbeam for what it is.

It is a nice, 3 Nichia LED light, gives constant brightness until the red led goes off.

EDIT- But, I think that you either need to be a flashoholic or need the form factor of a Mini-Mag to really consider purchasing one, as there are less expensive 3 LED lights out there, and while not regulated, give at least 10-20 hours at full brightness before even starting to fade.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Good idea. This was my first decent led light. Gave mine to my wife. My son wants one.

Bill

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Know if the Opalec will fit a Legend 2AA? If it will without major mods, the size of the market just doubled.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a good idea Wayne. Especially if you can break the $25 barrier on them.

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Great idea!! I ordered one recently somewhere else, and had to pay shipping on just that one item, which I hate. Should drive more business to the site.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Good news Wayne!

I love those things when the Luxeons are just too bright sometimes, and the regulated runtimes are excellent. I've been using them to eat "dead" batteries. I'd like get several more...

John

Raindrop

Enlightened
Great way for me to do business with my favorite flashlight shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Since I ordered two more of the Mini Minimags I will be ordering some of the MadMax + with the Q3s unless there is an impending release of a "special" sandwich that has been hinted about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Any idea how soon they might be available so I could add them to the next order? Or this something that might be a while?

Zeppert

Enlightened
You got my vote Wayne /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,
Could you stock the Brinkmann Legend 2AA with all those drop-ins? That way we can get all the goodies in one place and save on shipping. Maybe stock some of that tailcap lube to prevent flickering. What do you say?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, stay tuned. I'll be adding more goodies and other MFG parts and accesories real soon.

I've looked at the books and I've got a cash flow problem this month. Wish I could do it right now, but, I'll have to phase in new products when I get more cash.

I just received the PM6 modules for the PM6 program. I've got a limited amount and I got the go ahead to sell some of the highly touted R2H Lambertian stars and some of the Q4H Batwing (LD) stars.

Note the H for Vf. These suckers are very low Vf and couple that with the Q and V rating make a bright and low power LED. I've tried a couple of the HD and they are nice white even though they are rated bin 2 for color/tint.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I like the Newbeam a lot, I wonder what the runtime would be of a MM dialed down to Newbeam brightnesses.

And down to Infinity Ultra / Arc AAA brightnesses for that matter.

Hmm.

-john

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes, the r2h's are amazing, and very white /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
What? what package are we talking here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes wayne, i did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i came home, ripped open the package, and tested it out in a miniminimag (yours in fact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif)
very bright, and very white /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks once again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i'm <font color="red">dead</font> tired though! woke up early and have been putting up a fence all day!

i only wish i had a non-cut down minimag to test it's true potential /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i couldn't agree more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

but what am i still doing up? dam cpf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif