where to buy authentic made in japan eneloops?

dmdevotee

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.
I'm searching for both AA and AAA eneloop batteries. But i'm afraid that there are sooooo many fakes out there. I'm not sure about trust ebay sellers, and of course i don't trust dealextreme. I searched the forum, but i can't see anything clear...and Many stores don't ship outside the US. Can anyone post stores (or ebay-stores) which are confirmed to sell authenthic made in japan eneloops and sells to europe?. thank you

Niconical

Enlightened
What country are you in, or what areas do you want to order from, Europe, Far East etc?

Niconical

Enlightened
i want them shipped to spain

Well, that's a coincidence as I happen to know something about shipping eneloops to Spain :)

Depending on how many you want, I would suggest batteryjunction.
The shipping is high, but the exchange rate makes it overall cheaper.

Test the cart a little, see how many you can put for a certain shipping total.
If ordering, adding some Rayovac 4.0 at $4.99 per pack would also be a good idea.

Niconical

Enlightened
2 more options, both from Carrefour.

1: Duraloops. They are Duracell rebranded eneloops. You can tell them by the white tops at the + end.
They are in Carrefour for 18.90 euros per 4-pack.
That works out at $27 for 4xAA though, so you can see why paying batteryjunction shipping can be well worth it.

2: You could try these cells from Carrefour. They seem good quality and are a lot cheaper at 11.90 euros.
Make sure you get the ones marked "precharged".

Niconical

Enlightened
i don't see thomasdistributing selling to spain when i click in international shipping options...do they?

I tried to order from there about a year ago, they didn't ship to Spain then but maybe they do now, I'm not sure.

dmdevotee

Newly Enlightened
2 more options, both from Carrefour.

1: Duraloops. They are Duracell rebranded eneloops. You can tell them by the white tops at the + end.
They are in Carrefour for 18.90 euros per 4-pack.
That works out at $27 for 4xAA though, so you can see why paying batteryjunction shipping can be well worth it.

2: You could try these cells from Carrefour. They seem good quality and are a lot cheaper at 11.90 euros.
Make sure you get the ones marked "precharged".

duraloops are too expensive. they worth it?

maybe i am interested in these cells from carrefour, there is an offer: the second pack of 4x AA or 4x AAA have with 70% discount. they cost 9.90 (second unit cost 70% of 9.90). they worth it?

dmdevotee

Newly Enlightened

thanks, but i can't select spain into international shipping options. i'll ask them...

anyway, i need a new charger. i have a uniross charger without individual channels, and one with individuals is really needed, and compatible with every battery size

i'm interested in "duracell multi charger". it charges every battery size, has individuals channels, and it's cheap. anybody knows about it?

Last edited:

Niconical

Enlightened
duraloops are too expensive. they worth it?

maybe i am interested in these cells from carrefour, there is an offer: the second pack of 4x AA or 4x AAA have with 70% discount. they cost 9.90 (second unit cost 70% of 9.90). they worth it?

Do you mean for the precharged or just regular Carrefour brand cells?

If it's the precharge I'm going to Carrefour this evening :)

As for Duraloops, yes they're too expensive, and only worth it if you really must have eneloops and only want one pack.
Other than that, look around, order online.

How many batteries do you want anyway, approximately?

Niconical

Enlightened
i'm interested in "duracell multi charger". it charges every battery size, has individuals channels, and it's cheap. anybody knows about it?

If you provide a link to it I'll have a look.

If you are starting with a new stock of eneloops (or similar) though, a charger with a break-in option or refresh/cycle option is a very good idea. This means that as well as charging, the charger also has the option to completely discharge, then fully charge. This is good to do with new batteries, then periodically to maintain the health of the cells.

dmdevotee

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean for the precharged or just regular Carrefour brand cells?

If it's the precharge I'm going to Carrefour this evening :)

As for Duraloops, yes they're too expensive, and only worth it if you really must have eneloops and only want one pack.
Other than that, look around, order online.

How many batteries do you want anyway, approximately?

http://www.folletos.carrefour.es/2aud_70pc_020110.pdf

page 48

they are precharged ones with 2100 mah, like the ones you posted before

so see you in carrefour =D

i want 4xAA and 4xAAA, or 4xAA and 8xAAA.

carrefour also sells ones with 2300 mah but only included with a charger, can't remember how much costed (precharged too if i remember well)

Last edited:

dmdevotee

Newly Enlightened
If you provide a link to it I'll have a look.

If you are starting with a new stock of eneloops (or similar) though, a charger with a break-in option or refresh/cycle option is a very good idea. This means that as well as charging, the charger also has the option to completely discharge, then fully charge. This is good to do with new batteries, then periodically to maintain the health of the cells.

http://www.professional.duracell.co...eets/Specialities/06058m1_CEF22EU (CEF22).pdf

what do you think?

Niconical

Enlightened
About the Carrefour link you provided. Last time I was there the precharged Ecoplanet were 11.90, the regular Ecoplanet were 9.90. Maybe that offer is for the regular ones, not precharged, problem is the picture is not good quality so I can't tell as the packaging is very similar. I'll go tonight anyway, it's not like I need much of an excuse to go and check out the battery section.