Goncz Hi-Tech M-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K3LAW

I have ordered the Goncz Hi-Tech M-7 rechargeable flashlight today. As soon as I receive it, I will post my findings on it.
I will say Mr Goncz sure knew the product he sells, and was great to talk to. He also e-mailed me all the specs on his lights which look super.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you happen to have a digi cam?
smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Ted Bear, aka Toilet Pig, has posted that he talked with the man and will be receiving some lights for review. I hope it comes to fruition.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am dying... someone please post my medicine (comparism pics)... uugh!! Heellp meeeeeee.....

guncollector

Enlightened
Gents-

I have an M5 which John Goncz assures me will ship tomorrow from L.A. to my office in San Francisco.

I will post pics of the M5 as soon as I receive it, hopefully alongside whatever flashlights (usually many) I have on hand.
wink.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
72 hours and counting down.... before the untimely demise of Nerd due to lack of pics...

bmsmith

Enlightened
Is the M5 twice as good as a Streamlight Ultrastinger? It's twice as much.

I'm having trouble convincing myself to buy a $170 flashlight (and I mean *any* $170+ flashlight, not just a Goncz). Does this mean I'm not really a flashaholic? <sniff>

- Brian

G.L.JOHN

Newly Enlightened
Nerd,

thanks for the goodwill and to open new Topic that is dedicated to the GONCZ HI-TECH lights. Unfortunately we do not have a M-6 or any of the Surefire Lights. Neither we have any of the Streamlights. The only light we have is a small Pelican light that I bought for my Son years ago for a camping with the reflector and bulb together. I am sure soon somebody will post honest pictures and comparissons and I promisse we will post the a soon as we have a chance to compare it.

They are some background history I would like to share and let me put it into a nutshell how came the GONCZ Hi-TECH lights alife?

We secured a NATO contract and in the package there was order for 1,200 pcs of rechargeable flashlight. I thought it will be eassy, We just buy it from the XYZ manufacturer. When I approached them, I got stopped by the first sales cleark. After numerous calls i got to the Sales manager and I complained how difficult was to reach him. I told him We need 1,200 lights. He was asking where they will go? I told him, that is Our business not his... than He replied he will not sale any lights to me, because they have distributors World wide, and they are producing over 140,000 pcs a day...

Than after pausing on my side I told him In that case we will produce our own lights and I will design it. He replied Watch our Patents. I informed Him that I do not have to copy his lights, I will design the best and will get share of his market and see You on the market.

The rest is well known.

Other interesting point is one of other manufacturer that I known for years (one time I told Him how we solved one Crucial technical problem, before we realized He claimed He invented it???) called him up and informed him that we will produce lights and maybe we can puchase bulbs together? He declined the offer and also informed Me that he has patents. I politely told him I do not need to copy hes lights and in my oppinion hes lights "sucks" I designed a far supperior than hes are. Quickly nervously asked where will We offer it to? Replied: To Military, Law Enforcement and The general public. Oh by the way remember I told You how we solved that technical problem at Our meeting and now I am seeing you are claming that You invented it?

Hes repply was: I DO NOT REMEMBER. I replied thats o.k. I have the documantations...

In the nutshell that is a background info I feel should share it with the CPF forum.

I did not received any sympathy and I do not own them anything.

So when it comes to Marketing we will be aggressive and We know we will created "enemies" and "friend" but that the way is and a competition with supperior products is healthy.

Any body wants to challenge our Products be Our GUESTS.

Thanks for Your Time.

Cordially

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Allow me to copy my post to the other thread asking about what I can do with 7 Sub C batteries placed into a Goncz 6-C flashlight.

"John Holley just sent me a complete price list. I notice that you manufacture a SC-6 6 C cell flashlight that hopefully contains the same aluminum reflectors and lamp sockets as your D cell flashlights.

I know I can fit 7 @ SubC rechargeable batteries in a 6 C flashlight tube. (7 * 43 mm = 301 mm and 6 * 50.5 mm = 303 mm.) Will your M-7-307 bulb fit and work in a SC-6 flashlight with 7 sub C batteries?

At $58 for the SC-6 flashlight plus $8 for the M-7-307 bulb that would be an attractive option for someone with a collection of Sub C cells.

Hopefully, all of your rechargeable and alkaline C, D, and 1/2 D flashlights use the same sized bulb socket.

If the M-7-307 bulb doesn't fit in the socket of your SC-6 flashlight, what bulb configuration does?

Thanks. "

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't someone creat a general picture host for the CPF? see if you can find that thread and upload your pictures through that service...i think it was imagestation.com.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
pics.... PICS...... PIGS!!!! oops.... post em! post em quick! did you happen to scorch the test target?!!!

Deviant

Enlightened
John,

It's good to knoe that new players like u are injecting life in a 'flashaholic 's addiction'

In any industry when the big players start getting complacent and confortable, we see fossilization. and honestly i'm looking forward to the kind of aggresion that u have. wish u all the best. BTW do u have a site for your flashlites?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.