Hiring: "Battery Charger" department

Who "goes" today ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeAK

Enlightened
Here's is the job posting. After reading the details, come back here and pick the one person to "let go", today...fill in the POLL, above.

candidates 1, 2 and 3:
149119_TH.jpg
276077_TH.jpg
169321_TH.jpg

candidates 4, 5 and 6:
155076_TH.jpg
186690_TH.jpg
175229_TH.jpg

candidates 7, 8 and 9:
75898_TH.jpg
174817_TH.jpg
240217_TH.jpg

As mentioned, for your final test before being hired you"ve been asked to watch videos done by trained actors to spot:

1. Incorrect information being presented
  2. Bad selling/presentation skills
Based upon the poll results, the top three choices to be replaced will also have their mug shots modified to feature eneloop batteries ...battery heaven does exist. Due to their unique skills/background/authority/humour, moderators are not allowed to participate in the POLL...

Good Luck :grin2:

Last edited:
Candidate 2 started to make my head hurt so I gave up. I thought though these are brand new products so how would we know the details of each product and whether they are correctly presented (without having a crib sheet for the specs)?

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't make it through the video's w/o fast forwarding.
Had those people had any time to familiarize themselves with the device before the camera started?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where's the option for not a single person in that list is competent enough to sell any product aside from produce?

Honestly I didn't watch more than up to the large woman with the "digital" brand charger.

Public does certainly try hard to amaze me.

Oh and if you stare at the product while reading of the molded specifications on the back, I will not be buying anything from you.

I think I know enough to put some decent reviews online with actual helpful facts and things to watch out for.

So start sending me stuff guys. Seriously.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I'm personally offended that these people survived childbirth, but having said that, I voted for #2 because I believe in supporting the handicapped.

Last edited:

Elliot

Newly Enlightened
Love those Christmas time home movies and am looking forward to next year when the family gets together again. I would keep number 5 because he looks like my old cell, err ROOM mate. Did number one "flash" us? Not one meltdown during the reviews.

Last edited:

Bones

Enlightened
Sadly, I wasn't much more knowledgeable than these reviewers before I stumbled upon this forum while trying to find out why my Energizer rechargeables were always dead.

Now, thanks to all those who've since allowed me to stand on their shoulders, I can even see far enough to know what N. I. M. H. means...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Sadly, I wasn't much more knowledgeable than these reviewers before I stumbled upon this forum while trying to find out why my Energizer rechargeables were always dead.

Now, thanks to all those who've since allowed me to stand on their shoulders, I can even see far enough to know what N. I. M. H. means...

I wasn't aware that CPF illuminated members on the existence of the National Institute of Mental Health, but good to know our reach is that broad.

joeparker54

Newly Enlightened
:hahaha: brings back memories of my last trip to walfart....

so we can only vote for 1???

[EDIT] Finally had to vote for #9 because he can't count sets of contacts.

It's a bit eerie, as the women actually sound a lot like the token blonde pitching big screen tv's on QVC and HSN.

Last edited:

PeAK

Enlightened
...Based upon the poll results, the top three choices to be replaced will also have their mug shots modified to feature eneloop batteries ... :grin2:

Is this some kind of a joke?

Though we members of the CPF forum are best known for digging out nitty gritty details of round cylindrical objects...we do take our choices seriously. Without further delay, our leader board as of 9:27am (Jan 5) and after 12 votes:

117sr2r.jpg

Here are the promised/modifed pics starting with our ousted choice on the far left named Jane dressed in black:

ip9r7q.jpg
1zpjy3c.jpg
2llotxt.jpg

From the modifed pics, we all know that they would not be on the short list if they chose either eneloops or LSD products...but why?

If we were to close the POLL today, Candidate #8 (
174817_TH.jpg
/Jane)would be "gone". Again, why ? There are many reasons for why the discerning eyes of the CPF forum voted to give the first black rose to this person beyond just the non-eneloop product that Jane is plugging...take another look at the 'before and after' photos below:

174817_ST.jpg
ip9r7q.jpg

...BEFORE......................................................AFTER...

In the original, you see the following:

1. Clutter like old shoe boxes ...:shakehead
  2. An underexposed picture...... :shakehead :shakehead
  3. Purplish colour tone ............. :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead
The lack of choosing your venue and lighting are immediately apparent to members of this forum and are a large reason for this candidate being ousted. Now go back to the modified (with eneloop) picture where these aspects have been corrected. Although the images are vastly improved, even if they were not, the single most important detail is plugging the right product.

Now with Candidate #8(Jane) out of the picture, lets look at the next two people who should be most worried about their future that are tied with 3 votes each. Lets refer to the guy (Candidate #2/
276077_TH.jpg
) as "Energizer Matt". One thing that he realizes is that size counts. Even though he is carrying the second smallest charger, he knows that putting product close to a customers face will often "push" the product and result in a sale. Lets take a look at his modified pic:

1zpjy3c.jpg

Not only does size matter but we have introduced "quantity"!!! We often see this strategy in stores like Best Buy, where we see the promotional item in multiple areas of the store. The other ploy used is to have staff pretend to be a regular shopper and have them carry at least 3 of the same item/product that they want to move. In the business, we call this "multiple product placement". Should Matt be worried, he seems to have both quality and quantity covered off ?

ANSWER: As you might have guessed...YES! Although Matt realizes that apparent size is important, nothing makes a bigger impression than being physically oversized. When you take away the packaging of Matt's charger, Candidate #4 (
155076_TH.jpg
/Sue) has an equally sized charger unit as Matt. This partly explains them for being tied for our "bottom two". When Lance Armstrong gets a cheque for his foundation, its always oversized. Now take a look at Sue's modified pic again to confirm:
2llotxt.jpg

As Sue aptly demonstrates "Real size matters". I think she'll be safe until the third round and Matt should really try to update his video by borrowing a few of Sue's oversized eneloops :naughty:

Note:
Yesterday, moderators of this forum were excluded from the vote for fear of skewing the results with all this "old hat". It is a testament to the sophistication of CPF members that the "bottom three" were so quickly identified. We now open up the voting to all (including the moderators...No :mecry:please and :welcome:again)

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've been trying to hire a marketing associate whose duties would include video product reviews/presentations for our retail website. With that in mind I just spent an hour on expotv watching reviews with the though of contacting any talented reviewer for a job interview.

It was not time well spent. Even the featured reviewers were pretty bad.

I'm going to go kill myself now. Excuse me.

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've been trying to hire a marketing associate whose duties would include video product reviews/presentations for our retail website. With that in mind I just spent an hour on expotv watching reviews with the though of contacting any talented reviewer for a job interview.

It was not time well spent. Even the featured reviewers were pretty bad.

I'm going to go kill myself now. Excuse me.

Don't be surprised Matt, most people think they know what they are talking about when reading off product labels.

Honestly, I don't care about the video quality, or the lighting, or sound. These people are actually idiots, no amount of HD video and balanced sound with studio lighting makes up for that.

PS. Matt I don't know if I'd make a good TV personality, but if you're looking for cheap reviews done well I'd be willing to give it a shot. Though I am in Cali, if that's a problem.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Oh wait...that was a trick poll. You can't have expected us to understand a reverse psychology poll. I meant to vote to keep #2 because I believe in supporting the handicapped.

I call for "Do Over!"

Matt, think of the benefits when Connecticut holds the next Special Olympics here. PS) You may want to update your discount code in your sig from "CPF2009" before looking for the real talent pool.

Last edited:

T0RN4D0

Enlightened
Er, forget about that over-undersized mumbo jumbo. I looked over them and realized most are morons, the second guy has an annoying voice... When i looked at the poll i just picked the ugliest one =) Excuse me if i sound blunt, but appearance does make a big first impression. That is why the fat chicks wen't out first. The second guy was dissed because he talks like a moron lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts