Battery and charger recomendations for light

ekengle

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and have a couple of quick questions.

I'm looking for a battery/charger combo for my EDC light. It's an Olight T10/15. I have both bodies for it. I'm also planning on getting an Olight M20 or M21. I have some Titanium CR123 primary's right now but want a good rechargeable option as well.

After reading things here I ordered a Maha MH-C9000 along with 8 AA Eneloops to start with.

Is there any benefit to running the 14500s in the T15 body over the regular NiMh AAs? Will it have the same output as the CR123s if I do this? What is the average run time on high with these? Also looking on a recommendation on what brands too look for and stay away from.

All help and opinions are welcome, Thanks.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want it quick and cheap, get RCR123 from AW and the WF139 charger. The new models aren't that bad, I have two of them, no overcharging.

If you want the best, buy the Pila IBC and the same RCR123, they are the best.

As for the brightness, I don't have a T15, only a T10. But, according to Olights' website, it'll bring the full 190 Lumen on a 14500 instead of 120 with an AA. That is quite normal behaviour, as all li-ions are in fact the same, it's just the capacaty that changes. An RCR123 has 4,2 Volt out of charger and 750mAh, the same as a 14500. As they say, 14500 have longer runtimes, which can only be caused by the fact that it has more capacity than the RCR123, although they are both rated 750mAH.

In fact, if you think it over, the 14500 is the only battery that you want to use, except if you preffer the shorter body, than the RCR123 is the only one. Perhaps an Eneloop could be best if you want the longest runtime, but you loose 70 Lumen.

I've ordered a Jetbeam Raptor RRT-0 with the extension for AA and it'll only meet the 14500, same for the Dereelight C2H! :welcome:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW seems to be the best RCR123. i dont own any so i cant say for certain.

i have spiderfire 1000mah rcr, and solarforce 880mah rcr, and i use the solarforce, just because they seem better made. i got 4 cells for about $15

for chargers you should check out the pila ibc for about $50, less with a CPF discount:grin2: illuminationgear has them, ive purchased from them before and was a pleasure.

another charger is the ultrafire wb-139 i believe for under $20

also, you will probably have to buy spacers to charge rcr123a on the ultrafire. i think the pila charger comes with spacers, but im not certain.

the m20 is a really good light, with great runtime. good output, and beam and tint quality. it also works with 18650 li-ion.

no comment on the m21 cause ive never used one, but hear it has better flood with less throw.

hope this helps make your desisions easier.
lates