• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Ti Haiku XP-G flashlights-ended

McGizmo

Flashaholic
7-9-12

Hi guys at this point the wave of Haiku XP-G lights has come to an end. I still have some LED's left but have run out of the custom MCPCB's used with the XP-G and in light of other LED's I am presently working with and their relative merits I don't believe ordering another run of MCPCB's is warranted. I base this on both my opinion and perceptions as well as the demand as expressed by requests from the community over the last 6 months. I can only afford the time and money to go in so many directions at any given point in time and the Haiku XP-G is no longer one of those directions.

I regret any request from one of you that I have to decline and I can not thank this community enough for the support and encouragement over the years you have provided. But certainly for now at least, the Haiku XP-G is off the list of offerings.

Sorry.

2-17-10

Guys, this wave is now on again. Please see post #63 for an advisory. I have also added the option of a BB Haiku XPG.

Hi guys,
This is a wave offering of the Titanium Haiku XP-G. This is basically the same light as the titanium Haiku but with the Cree XP-G LED coupled with a new reflector designed for it.

DSC_3524.jpg

This initial wave will consist of approximately 40 lights using some R5 flux bin Cree XP-G LED's. Until I get more inventory of Ti components on hand, I am not offering this in a BB version. I don't have all of these completely assembled yet but do figure I can keep up with you guys unless you surprise me with a big slam on the wave. In that case, I'll just have to hustle and focus on this wave and try to ignore some local ones. :eek:

The Haiku XP-G is being offered for $450 plus shipping *
The BB Haiku XP-G is now also being offered for $475 plus shipping*

I do want to state that my hope and intent is to process the e-mail orders for these on a first received/ first processed basis and ideally the response to your e-mail order will be a notification of shipment. I don't want to add to the number of communications by sending an acknowledgment prior to generating the postage notification.

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: Haiku XP-G
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)*

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. For more information on the Haiku, please review THIS THREAD.

All of these lights sport some tool marks and various cosmetic singularities. Some may be obvious and some you may need to look closely for.

If you receive one of these lights and decide that it does not meet your expectation then you can either lower your expectations or simply send the light back for a full refund. I won't offer an exchange for probably obvious reasons. (please don't abuse this offer)

Like all of my Ti lights, the Haiku Xp-G is designed to be sealed from the environment and external pressure but I make no claim or suggestion that it is a dive or underwater light.

Thanks guys! :bow:

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order. If you want insurance, I will also add the expense and option of signature confirmation to your shipment.

EDIT: 2-1-10

I am now offering the Haiku XP-G with the option of a 2xAA McClickie pak instead of the stock 1xCR123 McClickie pak. The price for a Haiku XP-G 2xAA flashlight is $490 plus shipping. If you want one of these please specify Haiku XP-G 2xAA in the subject line of your e-mail order request.

EDIT: 2-17-10

Price for a BB Haiku XP-G 2xAA is $515 plus shipping.

EDIT: 5-30-10

I now offer the choice of the standard XP-G LED or a "Warm" (~4000 CCT) LED option. If you want the Warm LED, please add the term Warm to the subject line
I.E.

Haiku XP-G Warm

Price is the same.

EDIT 11-22-11: no more warm LEDs

Last edited:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Wave of Ti Haiku XP-G flashlights

:paypal: after 1 hr. w/ Paypal.:thinking: Some how after 2 months of transactions Paypal decided "Hey, no more sending funds! Even if you purchased something this morning." Well it turns out that my old card was being used for past transactions for the past 2 months
emo-censor.gif
. I had to enter my new card info, again, but I do not understand how all these transactions were made on a dead card from my account.

anyhoot, can't wait to play w/ this light.

partytime.gif
cheers.gif

rock-band.gif

clap.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Got a shipping notice :D
Will have to pay the man, too, so :paypal: inbound ...
bk

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don, aside from being an artist with your lights - you are a bad bad man ( :drunk: okay I've had a few) - I've got a slow connection in my new location (need to fix that) - no wave notification! Sapphire 25, XP-G Haiku... when will it stop!

Seriously - I bought a haiku & sold it (preferred my PD-S) - but I honestly never gave the Haiku a chance (I'm bad for that - my loss). To be fair I traded it for a 2-Pak McClicky (for my Milky Creemator head) and cash - but when the BB Haiku came out I had to (& did) buy one and I EDC it now. Fantastic light - use it in industry (pulp & paper). I cannot recommend the BB finish enough & the earlier Haiku is a fantastic light - the XP-G, presumably better. However - is the run time longer? Or is the light brighter?

My connection is slow - so maybe I missed the writeup on the light - please don't flame me!!!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well nfetterly, you aren't helping me out with the urge for a BB Haiku! :nana:

:devil:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

nfetterly,

Same drive current levels and aside from variations in Vf, the XP-G will typically be brighter than the XR-E with similar run times.