Newly Enlightened
Anyone seen this/ played with it?
NS6L183

sorry Link in German only.

95 Lumen/Watt and CRI 85 258 Lumen max - sounds to good to be true

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Data sheet

Typical numbers are closer to 71 lm/W @ 700 mA and ~85 lm/W @ 350 mA extrapolating from the data sheet. Based of their test data, it looks like they're selling the top ( C200 ) bin. Price isn't bad, either.

J.D.

Newly Enlightened
thank for the datasheet.
hm... those numbers aren't that impressive.
But still interesting ...

think i order a few to play with

zzonbi

Newly Enlightened
They appear to be using 6 of their famous plastic led dies.

If you're into experimenting, it would be nice if you tried ncsw119 mono die too, 262lm/700mA at the same store, for less. They seem a newest release, so you'd be pioneering virgin teritory... ;-)

Not long ago ncsw136 (prototype?) sold for 30$ a piece, so these ones seem cheap for a Nichia: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226547

J.D.

Newly Enlightened
They appear to be using 6 of their famous plastic led dies.

If you're into experimenting, it would be nice if you tried ncsw119 mono die too, 262lm/700mA at the same store, for less. They seem a newest release, so you'd be pioneering virgin teritory... ;-)

Not long ago ncsw136 (prototype?) sold for 30$ a piece, so these ones seem cheap for a Nichia: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226547

Good point, i think i'll order these two.
But the problem is i've no equipment for mesuring lumens etc.
maybe jtr1962 is interested in testing these :)

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Good point, i think i'll order these two.
But the problem is i've no equipment for mesuring lumens etc.
maybe jtr1962 is interested in testing these :)
I would definitely be interested in testing them, as well as buying maybe 5-10 extras for projects, if you'll be ordering some. I noticed the reel price is only 3.99 Euros ( about $6 US ) if we could get enough people interested to order 1400.

J.D.

Newly Enlightened
Sorry too late, i orderd some Nichia NS6L183 warm white pieces.
If you are still interested i'll send you one for when they arrive :).
Delivering time is about 2-1-2010.

The ncsw136 isn't availible till mid of Feb.
so i didn't order them....

I would definitely be interested in testing them, as well as buying maybe 5-10 extras for projects, if you'll be ordering some. I noticed the reel price is only 3.99 Euros ( about $6 US ) if we could get enough people interested to order 1400.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Sorry too late, i orderd some Nichia NS6L183 warm white pieces.

If you are still interested i'll send you one for when they arrive :).
Delivering time is about 2-1-2010.

The ncsw136 isn't availible till mid of Feb.
so i didn't order them....
Actually, my post was meant to express interest in the NS6L183. I didn't even realize that you were referring to the other LED ( NCSW136 ) until now. So yes, I'm definitely interested in testing the NS6L183 ( and possibly purchasing more next time you order them ). I don't have much interest in the other LED ( NCSW136 ) as it's not high CRI or otherwise unusual.

fyrstormer

Banned
It's worth pointing out that there's a little Union Jack at the top of the page for those of us who speak English.

This LED would be pretty hard to focus, on account of the 6-die arrangement. I have one of Don's Sundrops, and there is an obvious pattern around the edge of the beam where the light from each of the 6 dies is focused in a slightly different spot.

Darkhorse85

Newly Enlightened
The 119 is also only available with a lens built in. Plus, it's significantly smaller than the 183.

seems to be in compromise territory more than groundbreaking territory.

now, I wonder if we can actually tell a difference between CRI of 80 and a CRI of 85.

zzonbi

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify, listed at the site of the link in the original message.

I hope you get yours with the high cri you wish, but if they don't have the H suffix that's uncertain, following the list at the Nichia site.