• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What if I had some McLuxs made?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question is?

I'm thinking of making some complete McLuxs similar to the TK run. These would be fully functional.

I'd like to hear some feedback from those who have been trying to get a hold of a finished McLux.

Since I plan on only making a few and it may only be a single shot of a very limited amount to some small quantity. What to do? Some general thoughts to comment on.

Sell them on the web store? This seems to only make sense if I can make them on a regular basis. Comments???

I believe I've been upgraded to a manufacturer here on CPF. Thus, in accordance with CPF rules I cannot put stuff up for sale in the BST. I could do it here in this section. Comments??

I'd like generate some CPF revenue as well. Maybe if I auction some of them off here, a percentage of the proceeds could go to DavidW. Comments???

I'm off this week and yesteday I took a break and made 5 of them. I plan on this being the first 5 for sale. They are completed minus the clip. If I sold these, the buyer would have to take responsibility of bending the clip and mounting it. Optionally, one could add the brass swivel button, Belt clip and hang on your belt like a cell phone (That's the way I carry mine).

Again, this is the feeler on how best to handle the possible demand. I know there are at least 18+ people that would like a pre-built McLux.

Again... The specifications would be: MxLux 1X123, Q3, Mineral glass, McFlood. Clip not installed but included.

OK, Let the comments/suggestions begin...

Wayne

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
One quick one.... I will not take any special requests. No deviations from the above specs will be offered. NOOOO you cannot get it with an R2H, NO, NO NO.... No, saphire option nothing... Just a plain TK....

leddite

Enlightened
i've not been keeping up, what is R2H?

i'd be interested in a turnkey unit.

not interested in bidding wars though, i want the saturn car deal, reasonable price upfront. help CPF? sure. fight my fellow CPFers to the death? well, tempting, but no :>

when does the 10W with 9 way dimmer settings come out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Now there's an idea.....sell the kits with an option to have it assembled prior to delivery. I seem to remember the electronic kit catalogues used to have two prices....kit and assembled.

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
The only problem with the assembly option is that Wayne (or some willing assistant) would not be able to sit down when he has some spare time and knock a few out, because they would all be different, based on what people ordered.

I think that Wayne's original concept above is fine, but I don't know that I would start a bidding war. Just offer them up first come first serve, and price them so that you and CPF (if that is what you want) make a profit off of them. I have ordered a kit, and I plan to build my own...at this point I am not interested in a pre-built version, but who knows, if I mess up my kit, maybe I will be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Based on the teriffic response to recent sellers / auctions, there is clearly a market for a few TK McLuxs.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
dat2zip
How about just having people sign up for one.
That way you would know how many to make. If you do this
please sign me up for one. As far as I'm concerned you
have my credit card info. on file just send me one & bill
my credit card. If you go a different route that's OK too.
I just hope I don't miss out. Best wishes! & Thanks!

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think that if you made some McLuxs that you would have no problem finding homes for all of them.

In fact I would guess that demand would greatly exceed supply.

Unfortunately, I have no clever ideas about how to deal with this. Perhaps a lottery (ala Don) or maybe auctions (I couldn't afford it but that doesn't make it wrong), I really don't know.

Pat

jtice

Flashaholic
DAT.........
How long do you think the Mclux kits will be avalible???
I want one bad, but wont have the $$$ for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtice,

The McLux kits should be here for a while. In addition, a small reserve will not be sold. These will be for personal use and I know the Skunkies have internally consumed/reserved their own little stash. When the store dries up (Ummm).... Well, I think you get the point...

As for the prebuild ones. I think I'll take start a list. Put your name in the hat and I'll hold a random lottery and reffle off the 5 I have. If I can find time and make more, I'll do the same after I have them built.

I revised my post as I was considering taking names and then building them. I really can't promise when if ever I will build more. That would be false to say I will build more. Maybe, and then again maybe not.

Wayne

paulr

Flashaholic
My feeling is that the clip is vital to the McLux and it wouldn't be a McLux without the clip, regardless of whether you use it. The clip balances the look of the light just perfectly, on the 1x123 tail. The longer tails look awkward by comparison. A longer clip (at least for the 2x123 tail) might help with that.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr,

I'm not sure I follow. The clip comes with these, just not installed. Some might want it on and some not. I don't have the proper tools to make the minor bend necessary to adjust the clip before it is installed. I leave that up to the person getting the flashlight to do the finishing touch.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Wayne, I don't think you want to get into a bidding thing. Too much work to monitor, too much room for misunderstandings/disappointments/hard feelings due to timing/web access speed, bungled/misapplied bids, etc. Name a fair price with names in the ol' electronic hat and lottery draw them out to the lucky winners.

As for the clip/no clip issue, I've become more "just like Don" several times over with the inclusion of his cellphone button belt clips on some of my EDC lights and let me tell you, it is the way to go!

Buyers could keep the included titanium clip for posterity/added resale value later...