• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FAQ suggestion

Raven

Enlightened
Congrats on your own forum, and good look with your business.

I'm a newb to collecting, and certainly a newb to led and I have figured out a few things just by reading hundreds of post over the last 9 months, but the process can be intimidating.

That's why I think it would be great if you had a FAQ for your new forum.

Here are a few suggestions:

What is a Sandwich?

What is a BadBoy?

What is a Madmax?

What is a McLux?

What's the difference between a BadBoy, MadMax, and McLux?

What does regulation do?

Why do all these BadBoys have different numbers, and what do they mean?

What's a pill?

How reliable is a sandwich?

What does QL3 mean?

What does Q3 mean?

What is a Kroll Tail Switch?

What extras might I want for my sandwich? Do you have a list?

What do you mean when you refer to bin numbers and why is that important?

What are the three most likely ways to break my sandwich?

My VCR light is blinking 12:00, so will I be able to figure out how to install my own sandwich?

What's TK mean?

What's R2H mean?

What's Sapphire mean?

Do you have a glossary of commonly used sandwich phrases/terms?

What will be the ballpark cost for a sandwich with all the extras?

I hope you don't think I'm out of line in posting this. I've been wanting to buy a sandwich for months, but I've been hesitant because I'm afraid I might make the wrong decision.

A FAQ might go a long way in introducing folks to your product.

PS have you ever thought of creating a flow chart that customers could follow. That would make it simple easy for people to figure out what they need/want.

Raven

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only speak for a Mini-Mag, that's what I have my sandwiches in.
The BadBoy & MadMax sandwiches are too easy to put in a Mini-Mag. After the Mag switch is removed (no tools, even), it drops right in.

LightChucker

Enlightened
I couldn't agree more, Raven.

I have tried to start two other threads on this very subject, but no one contributes.

My latest post is:

"HOW-TOs, TIPS-and-TRICKS, DEFINITIONS, EXPERIENCES"

I was hoping that people would want to brag about what they did. Maybe the right people are away from home for the holiday. I guess we will just have to be patient.

Chuck

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has Wayne started to work on this? It might take quite a while to compile something of this size. I love the idea BTW.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Don't bother Wayne with this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

We need him busy building and designing things!!

Why don't you guys do searches on the CPF (find the oldest use of "badboy") and come up with some definitions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Please don't start the same thread in multiple places at the same time. If you think you're in the wrong forum, close the first before opening another. Saves bandwidth.

Thank you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Raven

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

Roy said:

Don't bother Wayne with this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

We need him busy building and designing things!!

Why don't you guys do searches on the CPF (find the oldest use of "badboy") and come up with some definitions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Roy

Well for the record, I spent a considerable amount of time reading this forum already, and still couldn't find decent answers to half the FAQ questions I listed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Even using search didn't help much.

Confused shoppers never spend as much money as informed shoppers, so I would think a FAQ would really help sales.

Especially since there is such a high level of ignorance concerning led technology )

As far as bandwith goes, I think I probably average less than one post a day, how about you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One last thing, can you name an online business that doesn't have a FAQ for their product? It's almost expected )

In any case, have a nice holiday weekend.

Raven

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good FAQ might be better in the Homemade and Modified lights section where terminology has a common thread with many other modders.

I was a newbie here too at one time. Yes, the terminology can be overwhelming. But, ask a few questions at a time. You will find that almost eveyone here is friendly and will try to help you out.

As for a FAQ specifically for the Sandwich Shoppe. It's not in the priority list as I have stated in the other topic related to this one.

I can collect all FAQ's and put them on my web site as they come along.

I believe I supply just enough information for the savvy user and modder. for the beginner, your best bet is to ask a few questions at a time. Post it in the best appropriate forum and even if it's not right, an admin will assist and move it to the correct section.

Wayne