where to find old Brinkmann flashlight parts?

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
Hello again,
I have an old (at least 15 years old) Brinkmann d cell flashlight. It is a neat light because the body can be unscrewed in the middle converting it from a 4 cell to a 2 cell. Looks a lot like a maglite, full metal can with threaded ends and all. Anyway I broke or lost the bulb and the part that screws on to hold the bulb years ago but never tossed the light thinking I might fix it one day. Well now I found you guys so maybe someone can point me in the right direction for parts. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chad

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Just call Brinkmann; they are quite good for customer support. I recall if you call them, they *will* return your call. They might be able to find the old part. I did that for one of my light and they send the part (well, they sent out a wrong part, but that is another story). If you can take a photograph and mail them, they might be able to help you better. I should have done that.

- Vikas

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
Man, this forum rocks. Thanks for the info. I just figured when I didn't see my light on their site that it was too old to mess with. One call and the parts are on the way.

Thanks,

chad

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
Well, parts arrived, no joy. They are way different for the newer Brinkmann progrip 5-3-2 lights.

Anyone know where I can find a bulb retainer for an old 5-3-2 D cell Alum Brinkmann? Just for reference or some idea what I am talking about.....If you have a newer alum brinkmann, my retainer for the bulb is HUGE compared to your newer one. If that tells you anything? http://picasaweb.google.com/chadecoen/Brinkmann532DCellAlumLight?feat=directlink

<table style=

Thanks,
Chad

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if you can dig up some part numbers from their site or CS? I know Maglite lists part numbers, and it definately helps to have as much information as possible.

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
Yep, that's the one. 5-2-3 D cells. Nice old light. The newer ones have completely different parts in them. I sent Brinkmann the pics and they asked around but no one had any ideas over there. Not too sure where to go with it now. I mean, if it is going to cost me $35 bucks for a new one like it, I might as well spend a little more and get some newer technology or at least LED or something. Just don't know!

Chad

klcmcse

Newly Enlightened
dragging up an ancient thread..... old Brinkmann 5 D cell flashlight parts?

Hello fellow flashlight-a-holics,
I have a pair of these old Brinkmann 5 D cell flashlight/ batons, I need a switch for one. Been looking for longer than I care to reveal.
One of the lights worked until I took it apart to try and diagnose the issue with the non working twin.
Anyone happen to know the way to assemble the switch??? I have taken it apart until I am sayin' UNcle.....Any help would be greatly appreciated. They don't serve use in my cars as a light as much as a deterrent for folks with bad intentions, they have some heft to them full of D cells...
Thank you so much for any help,
Kevin