What Knives Lock Closed?

MicroE

Enlightened
I have a couple of Lone Wolf folding knives that lock open and closed.
Are there any other folders that lock with the blade closed?
I like to carry a clip-on knife, but I've had a couple of them open up and slice my pants and the seat of my car. Ever since these episodes, I only carry a knife where the blade locks in the closed position.

diggity

Newly Enlightened
Kershaw Leek has a slide lock that comes on it to do just that. I typically remove them, but I have a lot of these and they are great, sharp knives.

Good luck.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep that's the first one that came to my mind. I do think there's another SOG model that locks too but im not so sure..
Yeah the Flash I has a slide lock if its still available, I haven't seen one for years now.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Paul knife locks closed. Scroll down to the Paul W. Poehlmann Knives section. Nice looking knives. I love the mechanism. http://www.lonewolfknives.com/store/pages/products.shtml

Alternatively, since opening in your pocket was the problem, perhaps avoid liner locks and integral locks, and go with knives that have a strong backspring? There's no way something like a Spyderco Manix is going to open in your pocket.

Kraid

Enlightened
Kershaw/Emerson Auto Commander!
user18675_pic30574_1262146055.jpg

flip

Enlightened
The CRKT Bladelock knives lock the blade closed. Pushing in on the thumb stud to open it also unlocks the blade.