Other counties light products

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbspeed1

Newly Enlightened
UK,England,Surrey,On a chair in front of my comput
This does not just apply to lights.
I think it's great that people like and want to support there own counties Manufacturers and suppliers but why does everyone want to do it by bashing other counties product why not say I WANT A (insert your home country) MADE LIGHT and not have a dig at other nations.(IE I dont want a XXXX counties light)

I also like to support my country were possible but I also like to buy the best product for the money, but this is not allways posible about a 2-3 years ago I wanted to buy a casio protrek watch Uk price approx£250-300 so I searched around a bit and found on ebay's US portal(.com not .co.uk) what I was looking for the end result was a
Japanese watch purchased through a US site from a guy in Hong Kong that shipped from Singapore to the UK all for £85.00
If the price diffrence was only £10-£30 I would probbly brought in the UK but at that diffrence its hard to ignore.

Another thing people forget is that THEIR country also exports stuff !

Ps please dont Flame me this is just ment to be a jentle reminder to be considerate to others and yes I know there are other conscerns IE enviromental cost of transport etc.

pps If people think this is just going to start a pointless argument please just close this thread but I hope it gets some sensible discusion with out any nastyness.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
We've had threads like this before, and they usually end badly, with feelings running high. This one actually steps outside the scope of this forum, as it is not about flashlights at all, rather about the arguments for and against protectionism.

You make a perfectly reasonable point; but it does not belong here and I'm closing it. The Underground would be a more suitable place to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.