• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Exotic Coating Service Update ===

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
The run is now in progress, no longer accepting any new lights

This is an update thread to the 3rd Exotic Coating Run.

The following coatings are going to be available

Mil Spec QQ-N-290 Nickel Plating - corrosion resistance, surface hardness 46-50 RC.
Hard Chrome - bright & shinny silver, surface hardness 65-70 RC.
Bright Gold - 24K gold finish, great corrosion resistance (eg, brass or copper substrate).

Bright Orange Anodization (Type II) - note not HA so we get the bright and shiny stuff unless the group decides otherwise
HA (Type III) - Gun Metal gray
HA (Type III) - Deep Black

Ti-Nitride (TiN) - 14K gold color, low friction, 80+ RC (2500-3000 Vickers).
Ti-Carbo-Nitride (TiCN) - gray/copper color, low friction, 90+ RC (3000-3700 Vickers).
Al-Ti-Nitride (AlTiN) - purple/black color, low friction, 90+ RC, 2nd hardest coating available of the list behind diamond.
"C" aka Diamond (DLC) - lowest surface friction

=== Estimated Pricing ===
price.jpg

* Size Decoding (best guest)
USM - ultra small lights ... single N-cell / CR2
ESM - EDC small lights ... single CR123 / AA
SM - small lights ... 17670 / 18650 / 2xCR123 / 2xAA MiniMag
MC - medium carry ... Mag1C / Mag2C / Mag1D
L - large light ... Mag2D or larger

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
=== Before Catalog ===

Link to Photobucket Album

Catalog-1.jpg

Decoder ring
Green cell - My recommendation based on my inspection of the item
Yellow cell - Is this what you really want please check
Blue cell - My personal reference only. Re-binning required
Red cell - There is no description in the package and I don't know what to do
~~~ - I don't have a CPF name linked to the item so it's first initial and last name. Please correct!

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
=== Updates ===

01/20/10 - I'm currently finishing up the catalog phase. There are about a dozen or so lights that must be disassemble and or machine.
01/22/10 - Target date for heading into the shop for stripping and polishing.

Last edited:

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Cool. I have been looking forward to this :)

Hi Jonathan, as per my e-mail, please change 90047 (McGizmo Mule) and 90057 (Nitecore D10) to Gold plate.

Your recommendation is fine for my items.

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys that it took a while to get this going. We had couple things colliding that caused the delay. My continual visit to Europe and several packages arrived passed the Xmas shutdown.

I'm currently 40% complete with the catalog. I hope to be finished by the end of tomorrow. At that point I need to ask everyone a favor and check to make sure your order is correct. If not please notify me ASAP through this thread. If you need to discuss with me about it feel free to call me or email (modamag_std at yahoo dot com). The pictures won't get me the Pulitzer prize, but the light result will be a close contender.

I hope to get these into the stripping/polishing before I head back to Germany again this Sunday. If we miss this window then it will be another two weeks delay.

If you have green/yellow/red highlight on your spreadsheet page then please make a post here to update me with the latest information.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear from you again, Jonathan. :thumbsup:

My orders (9037 - 9040) are correct. :)
I suppose the clip will be part of the D10.

Thanks! :twothumbs

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictures 8994 and 8996 hhernandez = Cuso

Johnatan since the orange anodizing is not going to be HA I would like both items in HA Gun Metal Grey..Thanks again bro.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Jonathan, first thanks for doing all this. I believe your posted items refer to my second box which are labeled in this photo.

• Item 9029 - Confirming that I want the 3 x Lobster Claw clips in TiN

• Item 9030 - I believe this should be listed as a Jetbeam SS clone AA (not AAA) to be polished and replated with TiN.
All my items have been consolidated in this one post with two photos.

The original big batch which you have not listed yet is shown in this photo, and includes another Stainless Steel Jetbeam clone AA to be also polished and done in TiN. It also includes a previously 24K gold plated Fenix AA which is wearing thin that I wanted polished and replated with 24K gold.

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonathan

My items would have been one of the late arrivals. I don't see any of them listed and I did not give my CPF nick. There were a lot of Surefire and Mag lights plus some odd ball Surefire type items. Almost every item would have been in a ziplock bag with what color I wanted.

Let me know if you did not receive my package, it would have been delivered by FedEx. I'm guessing they are just in the group that has not been cataloged.

Thank you again for doing this.

Rudy

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will double check the actual work to be done - but I don't understand (maybe cause it's 5:30 am), but I've got 3 red highlights - 9074 for example - seems to be what I remember - but red is supposed to be "no description, I don't know what to do"?

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

I know list isn't complete - but I also had a Gotham come in (not from me). I do have the tracking # around.

HA (Type II) Bright Orange is GREAT for me (I included an extra light for this) - while the original thread was pretty long, it was pretty clearly called out that it would not be HAIII, so that it would be BRIGHT

Last edited:

ejot

Enlightened
edit: Sorry, I didn't see the "40% done cataloging" comment. I just got a little scared when I didn't see me on the list.

This is not a complete list, correct? I don't see my parts cataloged. They should have arrived the week of Nov 9.

Please refer posts 230 and 303 from original thread. If you could confirm you have these parts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
9002 thru 9008 are correct, but you labeled two lights 9002.

Last edited: