eneloop question

Kalsu

Enlightened
Hello all. New guy here. Finding out I may be a flashaholic/gizmoaholic. Anyway I just got a Maha C9000 charger and the AA eneloop batteries are on the way. As I understand it they come charged and ready to use out of the package? If so does this mean that you don't have to run them throught the break in cycle like other rechargeable Nimh batteries?:shrug: Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

madmook

Newly Enlightened
They'll have a partial charge, probably not full. With all the eneloops I've bought, they charged right up to their full rated capacity even on their first or second charges. I'll let someone else comment on whether a "break-in cycle" is needed or not.

Gotta love quality.

Niconical

Enlightened
Break-in needed for eneloops? No.

A good idea, to really get the best from your cells, especially as you have the C9000 ready and waiting? Yes.

Dimmed

Newly Enlightened
Here is a link from an Australian retailer from where I bought my c9000 from. http://servaas.com.au/blog/index.php/category/faq/

He really cares for the customers and thus creating a Faq page just for the battery curious. Maybe check out "How to use break in mode for MH C-9000" faq.

I personally would want to empty the batteries first before running them on break-in mode. As for Low Self Discharge batteries like your Eneloop, I would rather use them first say, on a high drain flashlight.

Magic Matt

Enlightened
I have some eneloops that I used break-in on and some I didn't (mainly because I used them and charged them before my C9000 had arrived).

I'd say there was no real noticable difference in having used some of both. Capacity wise there's probably very little difference real world, though under test the ones I did break in on showed very roughly 150mAh more capacity. I'm breaking all my cells anyway, but at 40 hours per set it's taking a long time!

I think this may be the original C9000 FAQ...
http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/mhc9000faq.asp

Kalsu

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. All the info I can get the better. I am just glad that there is a place out there like this you can gleam information from.