Surefire M951 swtich

Doraemon

Newly Enlightened
Is there any one here knows how to disassemble or fix an m951 switch, mine suddenly stop working. Is there any alternative switch that i can install on this? Please help:confused::confused:

signal 13

Enlightened
Contact Surefire warrant/repair. They will either send you a new one or have you send in the one you are having problems with for repair. I've had a few items go :poof: Everything from cracked lenses on bezels, tailcaps failing, even a P60L lamp assembly. Surefire sent me new items without question. The only things I've ever had to send them were a couple V70 speed holsters that had broken springs and the P60L. The rest of the time they just sent me new parts.

In the meantime, I would use a Z48 tailcap. Any C-Series tailcap will do, but the shrouded tailcap prevents any accidental activation. And since it's being used with a weaponlight, that's definitely important. The Z48 is also just a beefy tailcap too.

NowISee

Newly Enlightened
I bought a new M951 last week that had a bad XM switch. I called SF and they had me "troubleshoot" it on the phone. The tech agreed with me that it was bad. He issued a RMA and had me send it in. I had hoped they would send me one but they want the bad one first.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey you are in Latrobe. Go steelers!! well not so much now. Anyway yeah I would expect them to want the XM tailcap back. those are rather pricey. Other standard tailcaps are cheap and pretty much easy to write off.

NowISee

Newly Enlightened
I agree, I would want to look it over too.

But I explained to the tech that one of the factory installed batteries failed and leaked into the switch. This was a new light still in the package, never opened. The batteries were dated 11 2015 so it looks like it's about five years old. I told him that I threw away the batteries but could dig them out of the trash can if they want them but he said I didn't need to but could do so if I want. I left them in the trash.