• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wizard of an upper version.

belyo

Newly Enlightened
Does development of Wizard 700(&750) progress?
I look forward to the completion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, the 700 and 750 don't have sufficient margins in operating current range to hold regulation. As such, they will not be offered.

Instead, a full step down converter will be offered in the near future. Same small board size and it's possible that a 1A version will be available.

I have some prototypes of the stepdown and results look very promising that the stepdown will hold high 80% efficiency. Couple that with a MAX operating voltage of 16V allows possible combinations like 3 1X123 (~9V) and stepping down to drive a 1W for example.

Using the Stepdown, one could use a 3X123, or a 2X123 as in the McLux and still drive a 1W.

For a 5W, one could use a 3X123.

Those playing with multiple AA cells in a D holder could easily come up with nice battery combinations that would result in 9-14V and generate good run times for a 1W or for a 5W.

I think there are more battery and LED combinations using a stepdown converter than there are in a step up configuration.

Wayne

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bucky 400
Bucky 500
Bucky 700
Bucky Bomb

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jonathan

Enlightened
I'm going to repeat my suggestion of 'DownBoy' to go with the BadBoy theme /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jon

belyo

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

belyo

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.... !

WildBoy

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Jonathan said:
I'm going to repeat my suggestion of 'DownBoy' to go with the BadBoy theme /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda like "FidoDownBoy" m'self... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif