Lasers

UVLaser

Enlightened
Where can I buy purple and blue lasers? What is the nanometer on the purple laser? How about the blue one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If you're looking for directly injected diode lasers, Nichia is where you probably want to go.

The blue diode lasers are about 440nm (5mW TEM00 435-445nm), and the purple diode lasers are around 405nm (5mW TEM00 or 30mW multimode 400-410nm). All of these values assume CW operation.

I don't have the URLs handy, but you ought to be able to find them easily by going to google and typing in "Nichia blue laser diode" and "Nichia violet laser diode".

UVLaser

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifTHANKS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifTHANKS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
THANKS THANKS THANKS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifTHANKS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
ALOT!!!!!!!!!

Crosman451

Newly Enlightened
I have a Nichia diode configured into a laser pointer using two AAA batteries. I have checked into possibly purchasing more and find that the best deal is to contact Cree about their 405nm diode. The $2500 Nichia is very expensive, only $800 from Cree. If interested contact Mark Parrish.

Mark A. Parrish
Corporate Accounts Manager
Cree, Inc.
phone: 919-313-5371
fax: 919-313-5451
e-mail: [email protected]

Keep in mind Cree only offers the raw diodes nothing more. You will have to come up with the driver board and configure it however you want.

Mike

UVLaser

Enlightened
Won't it be cool if they made a yellow laser pointer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
wait hold on,is that possible?? rain clouds are all over head can some one lift them from my head and tell me that there is a possibility /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

what is the best flashlight or LED to light up a forest or a graveyard really good??? can you please post a pic or provide a link or a name anything would be good? Thanks a lot!!! This forum is awesome!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say a mildly over driven 5w Cyan Luxeon LED in a mag light w/30mm optics for throw w/some flood or the mag reflector for super throw/brightness. That'd be pretty bright. Are you looking for white though? And do you want flood or throw?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
uvlaser said:
Won't it be cool if they made a yellow laser pointer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
wait hold on,is that possible?? rain clouds are all over head can some one lift them from my head and tell me that there is a possibility /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You can get a yellow HeNe laser (along with infrared, red, orange, and green) but I don't believe you can get a yellow laser pointer, regardless if it's a directly-injected diode, DPSS, or gas.
So it looks like the rain clouds stay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

comozo

Enlightened
You probably could have one made but they would be as expensive as blue laser diodes if not more and it would have to be a diode pumped not direct injection like a red diode laser is.