E2e-HA get's warm

pahl

Enlightened
E2e-HA get\'s warm

I have only had the E2e-HA a couple of day's now. I'm kind of surpized at how warm the bezel and body get on it after having it on for only 5-10 min. at a time.
Is this normal?

I have the MN03 in it now.
I'm going to order a MN02 later, will it not get as warm with the MN02 in it?

I compaired the E2e-HA to my G2-BK with the P60 lamp in it.
Leaving them both on the same amount of time.

The lens end of the bezel starts to get warm on the G2. The body of the G2 never does seem to get warm.

How about running a KL1 on the E2e-HA. Will the bezel or body get warm at all then?

Thanks,

axolotls

Enlightened
Re: E2e-HA get\'s warm

E2 and E2e get warm to very warm after being on for a few minutes. It's very noticeable and nothing to be alarmed about.

With Kl1, I haven't noticed any heat buildup at all.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's normal.
The metal E2 conducts heat better and has less surface area so it feels warmer.
The KL1 will be noticeably cooler.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

The E2e is made of aluminium, whereas the G2 is made from nitrilon, which isnt as good as conducting heat as aluminium. Thats why the E2e feels hotter. Ive run a complete set of batts in my E2e, and the heat buildup hasnt had any detrimental effect on the flashlight (that ive noticed).

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

The G2 will only be warm directly around the lens area, the Nitrolon doesn't conduct heat, so it stays localized.

The E2e can be a nice hand warmer if left on for 10 or more minutes. It's all aluminum, so the entire body will get warm starting from the head down.

The MN02 LA is only slightly brighter (but noticably so) than the MN01 for the E1e, but will be very similar in heat dissipation (sp) as the MN01.

The KL1 runs similarly on the E2e as it does on the E1e, with the exception of run time and ever-so-slightly brighter.

pahl

Enlightened

Wow, super fast replies, thanks!
Now I feel better knowing this is normal and it won't do any damage.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I've run down two sets of fresh SureFires in my E2E and one set in my E2 (Lexan lens). Aside from the bodies getting hot there was absolutely no problem. The Lexan did not "melt"!

Brightnorm

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think lexan only poses a problem with surefires with an output of 120 lumens and more (P61 and up). other than that lexan might be a better option for the smaller surefires since it resists shock and impacts better than pyrex /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif