Integrated caving helmet light

jeffthehunter

Newly Enlightened
I am building an integrated LED setup for my caving helmet.
I have pretty much everything figured out but the switches. Since this is a fairly wet environment, I need to a really good waterproof sticky switch.

Any thoughts, ideas or advice?

NYCaver

Newly Enlightened
Be sure to post build details when you get a chance. I'm building a cave light myself and should be doing that soon. I'm using a waterproof momentary switch. I assume by sticky you mean sustained action, latching, what have you. Those seem harder to find than momentary action waterproof switches. Both Apem and ITW make what you're looking for though.

http://www.itwswitches.com/pushbutton.shtml#48EM

http://www.apem.com/pushbutton.html

I don't have the time to scour for the right part # but search Mouser or DigiKey for the right one. Like I said, the momentary action versions seem more common. Also, I've had some luck searching "waterproof switch" on Ebay. Good luck.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Thanks for the links. I'm building a caving light too (As in, right now. It should be done in a few hours :) ). I couldn't find any waterproof clicky switches that I liked, so I went with a sealed rotary switch... but I think I might prefer to go with clicky switched in the future.

FiFi

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the links. I'm building a caving light too (As in, right now. It should be done in a few hours :) ). I couldn't find any waterproof clicky switches that I liked, so I went with a sealed rotary switch... but I think I might prefer to go with clicky switched in the future.

Hi,
can you put the specs after you finish? And maybe some pictures?

I'm waitin for MTE SF-23 P7 flashlight and some batteries to arrive so I can try to make a caving lamp too.
My problem is the heat sink (have no idea how to cool the P7 so I can get maximum power). Also I would like to build a battery pack which will last at least ten hours on some setting which will be enough for safe and comfortable surveying.