Do you refrain from turning on house lights as excuse to use flashlights?

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends. If I'm just passing through a room/hallway, it's easier to just use my torch rather than to turn the lights on and off for each stretch. Especially if said room/hallway only has a light switch at one end.

DM51

Flashaholic
There must be dozens ( if not hundreds) of CPFers who freely admit to doing this, lol.

There are even a select and honored few who fervently hope for power outages so they can use their lights.

There are some who even go so far as to cut off power to their own house, to demonstrate to their families how vital it is to have flashlights available at all times.

I don't think there has ever been a CPFer who has gone so far as to engage in an act of sabotage to a power supply in order to demonstrate the point. That would be taking things much too far.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure saves a lot on the monthly lectric bill .

I just wish the neighbors would stop calling the police reporting my house is being burgled .
_~

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Hah! My wife just complained last week that she is pretty sure the bulk of our monthly electric bill is probably going to, "that ridiculous giant glowing recharger that's always on in your study" (C9000).

When I explained that it is more than made up for by the fact that I almost never turn houselights on, she gave me a rather dubious look.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only power outages can be bought, I'll :paypal:

Sigh... life's unfair.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Especially with my H30 on my head...

I must admit I felt stupid when my wife caught me like that the first time...:crazy:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet there are worse things your wife could catch you doing!

:poke::whistle::tsk::faint:

But, walk around the house by torchlight? Absolutely - every day. What's the point of having them if you don't use them.

amigafan2003

Enlightened
OFC.

I even make needless excursions down to the garage or back of the garden as an excuse to use my torches.

ragweed

Enlightened
I use my flashlight at night to keep from waking someone up. At around 4-5 lumens its more suttle than a 100 watt hallway light. Plus I get back to bed quicker without eye shock.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep.
my Surefire T1A is always round my neck, and i use it instead of turning on the house lights.
it is also great for staggering to the toilet in the middle of the night as it doesnt affect night vision when on minimum.

i do also use some of my brighter lights to just light up a room quickly, even to just walk to the fridge