• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

peakledsolutions: great customer service

infinitelight

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to thank peakledsolutions for their great customer service.

They were always very kind and helpful.

I only had one flashlight with a problem, but received a replacement.
Now it works perfectly. I really trust their flashlights and am very satisfied with their quality.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened

I only had one flashlight with a problem, but received a replacement.
Now it works perfectly. I really trust their flashlights and am very satisfied with their quality.

Ditto here...... :grin2:

Last edited:

No really

Newly Enlightened

...I really trust their flashlights and am very satisfied with their quality.

I am in complete agreement. I have never experienced a defective Peak LED, and have required only minor customer service adjustments. All were handled with zero fuss, and considerable generosity.

starfish

Newly Enlightened
:D Customer service could not be more helpful,I cannot imagine ANY firm elsewhere anywhere in the world more committed to their customers.
PS I LOVE their torches too!
Thanks Again Robyn and Curt,

Rob from England

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The person over the phone is nice, but my overall experience with Peak has been kind of frustrating thou.

Ordered Eiger over the web on 2/7 & waited for a about 10 days,
no light & no email notification of shipping. So I emailed Robin to check on my order. Waited 2 days w/o response, I called Peak & spoke to a guy. The Guy came back & said Robin said the light was shipped a week ago & I should have it any day now.

Great, waited another week, still no light. Called again today (2/24)
spoke to a guy (Don't know if the same guy but sounded the same).
He looked up my order & told me that the light hasn't been built yet.
They had shortage of reflector & just got them in.

I said I called a week ago & was told the light was long shipped,
he said that must have been a mixed up, they shipped a big order
to other people.

So basically, ordered on 2/7 & now it's 2/24, the light is still yet to be built,
During the whole time, there's no notification in email to tell me about the delay. My follow-up by email got no response & follow-up by phone only resulted in mix-up & false hope follow-ed by huge disappointment from second follow-up.

I am not going to generalize this experience, just to point out that this particular experience is worse than ordering from DX. At DX, you at least can check on status, shipped? Processing? Back-order? etc. You know it'll take 3 weeks. My Eiger order from US looks like will take longer than getting a light from DX/China.:sigh:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not going to generalize this experience, just to point out that this particular experience is worse than ordering from DX. At DX, you at least can check on status, shipped? Processing? Back-order? etc. You know it'll take 3 weeks. My Eiger order from US looks like will take longer than getting a light from DX/China.:sigh:

Try to keep in mind that Peak is a small, family owned and operated manufacturer of custom lights, usually made to order. DX is a huge distribution warehouse. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

choombak

Enlightened
The person over the phone is nice, but my overall experience with Peak has been kind of frustrating thou.

Ordered Eiger over the web on 2/7 & waited for a about 10 days,
no light & no email notification of shipping. So I emailed Robin to check on my order. Waited 2 days w/o response, I called Peak & spoke to a guy. The Guy came back & said Robin said the light was shipped a week ago & I should have it any day now.

Great, waited another week, still no light. Called again today (2/24)
spoke to a guy (Don't know if the same guy but sounded the same).
He looked up my order & told me that the light hasn't been built yet.
They had shortage of reflector & just got them in.

I said I called a week ago & was told the light was long shipped,
he said that must have been a mixed up, they shipped a big order
to other people.

So basically, ordered on 2/7 & now it's 2/24, the light is still yet to be built,
During the whole time, there's no notification in email to tell me about the delay. My follow-up by email got no response & follow-up by phone only resulted in mix-up & false hope follow-ed by huge disappointment from second follow-up.

My Matterhorn order went through similar loops, though my communication was over email only. Robyn got busy with ShotShow, and the person who filled for her shipped out my light, but never updated the Y! order page. After sending ~10 mails, I got response only twice. I was unhappy too...

...until I saw the light. Trust me, all your frustration will be gone when you see the beauty that Peak light is. IMHO, the light more than compensates for their poor customer service that one encounters (especially over email).

The wait is frustrating, but worth it. And yes, the company is way too small - so its actually like getting something "custom" buit. If you have an experience with a custom built knife, and the wait that is involved, then I'd say Peak's shop is light-years fast.

Have patience, you will be richly rewarded -- every cent of it.

-Amarendra

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you liked what you got. I am not frustrated, just sharing my My experiences. My moto is simple, if it's not something I could fix or change, then frustration does me no good what's so ever, therefore I won't have any frastration, I just so what I need to do.

Called again & talked to Robin, Yes, she is very nice.
My Eiger did show up eventually, but I wasn't as impressed as others do.

To me, The Eiger 10280 Brass looks just OK, the head is slightly bigger than the body, so it doesn't flow quite right, looks just a bit awkward.
I like the Pacific CR2 look better. Head doesn't have to be same size as body, but the line does need to flow from a design angle to be visually pleasing. I am not a big fun of recent BMW design, using Chris Bangle's "Flame Surfacing" philosophy where it's full of surface flow interruptions.

The brightness on the #8/10280 is less than Draco clone I made (Cut-down ITP AAA Cree XPE to run on 10280), probably about 60% of the Draco Clone brightness on high.

It is a bit longer than The Draco clone, there's some extra length that could be trimmed off, it's longer than necessary. Imagine the Larry light/Aeon Key ring attachment, that's a better way.

The tint of the rebel used is Greener than first batch of Cutter XPG (My Eiger is the cool white version), where the cut-down ITP Draco clone has more of a pure white tint.

Overall, a good value, but it does have some room for improvements.
I am sure it's fine for practical usage. I am a white wall hunter, I might be a bit too picky with my lights.

Again, just my personal experience with one particular Eiger.
I am not making any generalized statements about all Eiger.
Overall, I respect Peak & it's many find lights produced.