Surefire Saint Minimus Question

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Please can someone confirm whether or not you can run the Minimus from a rechargeable CR123 cell. I believe that it is OK to do so but would like to check to be sure.

Thank you

zemmo

Newly Enlightened
Please can someone confirm whether or not you can run the Minimus from a rechargeable CR123 cell. I believe that it is OK to do so but would like to check to be sure.

Thank you

I've been using AW RCRs with no problem.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Excellent, I thought it would be OK but wanted to double check as I am checking for a friend.

Thank you.

crizyal

Enlightened
I just placed a call into Surefire customer service yesterday with this exact question. I was told that there is only a boost (no buck) circuit in the Saint which is the same as the Saint Minimus. While the light may run for a time on RCR123s (4.2V max), it most certainly will damage the circuit in time. I was told that they have had a few of these damaged from the use of rechargeables already and they canNOT recommend them. I am sure that they would repair them under warranty if you fail to mention you were using rechargeables. It is just not my style to be dishonest and misleading. I choose to use the unit with standard cr123 primaries as instructed in manual.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not aware of too many SF's that run on rcr123's very well.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'd love to use my E2L more!

carrot

Flashaholic
If you have the KL1 version of the E2L (it will say on the bezel) then it supports a voltage range of 3-9v. Otherwise, use 17670's.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the KL1 version of the E2L (it will say on the bezel) then it supports a voltage range of 3-9v. Otherwise, use 17670's.

KX2... It'll run properly on a 4.2v rechargable? Thought the E2L wasn't recommended for single cell use?

dradee1

Newly Enlightened
Could you charge your RCR123 batts and use them for a bit in something else untill the voltage is down around 3.5 volts?

carrot

Flashaholic
KX2... It'll run properly on a 4.2v rechargable? Thought the E2L wasn't recommended for single cell use?
I have the single stage KX2 and I just tested it on an RCR123. Seems to work fine, cannot advise as to long term use.

mikespike2

Newly Enlightened
Not aware of too many SF's that run on rcr123's very well.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'd love to use my E2L more!

I use the tenergy RCR 3.0vs in the e1b with no issues. Use 2x of these in a P60L with no issues. U2 doesn't work with them so I use primaries. Will test with a saint minimus when I receive it in a few days.

Alex K.

Newly Enlightened
For me, I would just use standard 123 primaries, because I'm too honest to lie to Surefire if I fried the circuit.:sssh:

JBA

Newly Enlightened
So I picked up a used Minimus and it finally arrived today. I swapped out the included Surefire battery and tried to swap in my Tenergy rechargeable but it wouldn't fit. They work fine on my Surefire U2, E1B, and a Streamlight headlamp but not the Minimus. What gives? I'll buy the Surefire rechargeable setup if I have to but I have quite a few of the Tenergy rechargeable's as well as two chargers and would prefer to use what I have and not spend more money if I don't have to. Help!

Latest posts