Terralux Stinger HP conversion, what should I expect?

BossMaverick

Newly Enlightened
First off, I've been a long time occasional lurker but first time poster. Please forgive me if this should've been posted in the LED flashlights section. I figured it's about converting an incandescent to an LED so it was a toss up where it should belong. So here it goes:

I have had a Streamlight Stinger for the past 10+ years that I use as my duty light (I'm a rural Deputy). About 5 years ago, I bought a conversion kit and converted it to a Stinger HP. I loved having the extra light and the best light over my coworkers. Starting a year or two ago, my coworkers started getting Stinger C4 LED lights. Now that I've seen and played with the throw of the C4's, my light seems pitiful. I know that's not actually the case but it seems that way after "seeing the light" of the C4's. I would retire my light for a new Stinger C4 LED HP to once again have the best light, but I've gone attached to my standard Stinger after all these years. It's dumb, it's corny, but it's like my light is a friend I hate to not use.

So, a while back I did searching for LED conversion kits. Thanks to the reviews people posted on here, I found the standard Stinger Terralux LED conversion kit doesn't have the light pattern I need (I need good throw since I'm in the middle of no where). Terralux also offered a 100 lumen HP LED conversion kit but the reviews made it seem like it wasn't that great. Last morning, I found that Terralux upgraded their HP conversion kit (TLE-HP3) to 180 lumens with a Rebel LED. For those that don't know, the HP kit uses my standard HP reflector/lens assembly and just replaces the bulb. From my searching on this forum, it looks like they used the rebel 100 LED, which had good reviews here for how white the color is. I found the price was right for the newer kit and ordered one. Unfortunately, it's coming from the east coast so I have to wait a week before it arrives.

Does anyone have any experience with these newer rebel Terralux Stinger HP conversion kits? Does anyone know how it will compare to the Stinger C4's (I'm looking for something close to how the C4's perform)? Will it have a decent throw since it's still using the stock reflector?

I will post a review once I get it but I'm anxious to know what I got myself into.

Thanks all!

geegee

Newly Enlightened

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: