3 beam caving lamp?

Charlie

Newly Enlightened
Here is the problem, lets see if you guys can find me a solution.

I have a caving lamp with independently adjustable spot and flood beams, but want something with an intermediate beam as well.
Does anyone know of a helmet mounted lamp that has three independently adjustable beams, around 4 to 6 degree spot, 20 degree broad spot and naked led flood?

Any suggestions?

gillestugan

Enlightened
You'll have to build one yourself.
Have a look at the building description for a 3 beam regulated caving lamp by Tobias Bosset. It is found in this thread. (maybe you can read the first post and then start from the end to save some time.)

Charlie

Newly Enlightened
I remember reading that thread from quite a while ago, I am not confident enough to build something from scratch, also I doubt a home-made light would stand up to caves like otter hole.
I will certainly have to do some more thinking before starting a build!

Cheers
Charlie

NYCaver

Newly Enlightened
I've never heard of any commercially available headlamp with 3 selectable beam widths. There's at least one that has a single smoothly adjustable beam but I can't recall the name right now.

With enough reading of CPF and other resources, building what you want would certainly be possible, although of course time consuming. Hey, learning is good right? :)

Charlie

Newly Enlightened
Well, I didnt find what I was looking for but the problem is now solved.

I am now the proud owner of scurion no. 1070 :party:

Charlie.