I found a new mini Turbohead for Peu Pineapple

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, The beautiful Peu Pineapple body doesn't have a head.
You may also know, one of the best looking head for the Peu Pineapple body is Aleph 3 head. However it is not perfect either, a couple of issues I can see:

1, The Aleph 3 head is hard to find
2, The Aleph 3 head is expensive if you are lucky enough to find one
3, Once you get one, you'll see that Aleph 3 head doesn't match any of the Pineapple body colors
4, The Aleph 3 head has a small neck, it interrupts the flow of the Pineapple body (Gradually increase width from tail to the front). It is not very obvious, not a big disruption, however, it is different enough to reveal that the head was an after-thought, although a nice looking after-thought.

Example:

Aleph3hybrid.jpg

So, after getting a black Pineapple body, I've been searching for a Mini turbo head that could:

• Match the flow of the Pineapple body
  • Match the color of the black Pineapple body
  • The head & body need to look like they belong together, not an after thought
  • It is inexpensive & readily available

What do you guys think?
img4016p.jpg

Last edited:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
ma_sha1 did you cut the body and head off below the o-rings and re-thread straight thru for the aleph body and light engine?

I already have the A3 head and I don't think my B3 head would color match well. Maybe I should match my pineapple body to the B3 head
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
P1040587.jpg

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did, I cut the B3 body to make adaptor for pineapple to connect to B3 head. It runs the B3 lamp too.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I'd say go for it. A3 heads are the only heads that seem to look right on these bodies. Nice to see something different. So you got it to thread on?

Here's my pineapple.

Nice!

So is this the Pineapple thread? :naughty:

Here's one that I modded a couple of months ago with a SST-50 (hope the owner doesn't mind)

Titanium Pineapple (TB's one of a kind tail looks awesome on it)
Img_4989.jpg

Img_4987.jpg

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I do, & it's got a pretty nice beam too::laughing:
img4021be.jpg

I couldn't resist to post a "brother shot" of your photo :crackup:, thanks again for the Sunset B3.
img4029q.jpg

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say go for it. A3 heads are the only heads that seem to look right on these bodies. Nice to see something different. So you got it to thread on?

Yes, from the photo below, you can see the Neck/lamp Assembly, it is bigger diameter than the stock Pineapple threads, I transplanted it from the B3. This section has some inside threads that's almost e-series compatible. It won't go in without re-threading, but I don't have the 13/16-20 tpi Tap.

So I took it under the knife: It appears to have the same 13/16 ID, but just a higher TPI than 20, so I took a hobby knife & removed some threads by hand to reduce the tpi & whola, it went in. The joint is under the O-ring, you can't really see it, a successful plastic surgery of neck transplant :cool:.

img4030b.jpg

Last edited:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
(thanks nein166 for the heads up about this thread)

nice mod ma_sha1, it really flows with the body :)

IMHO the aleph 3 head is also a very nice match for the body, I annodized the head and body at the same time, so mine matches :nana: :

peu-pineapple65.jpg

Also, here is one mod I did a around two years ago, by removing the top thread and making it female I adapted a Surefire U2 head with the added bonus that I can use 18650 batteries:

piu2-01.jpg

piu2-02.jpg

piu2-03.jpg

piu2-05.jpg

After I took these pictures, I annodized the body black and now it matches the head nicely

One of these days I will liquidate the few units I still have :)

Pablo

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
(thanks nein166 for the heads up about this thread)

nice mod ma_sha1, it really flows with the body :)

IMHO the aleph 3 head is also a very nice match for the body, I annodized the head and body at the same time, so mine matches :nana: :

peu-pineapple65.jpg

Pablo

The head matches OK, but now your tail doesn't match :nana::naughty:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head matches OK, but now your tail doesn't match :nana::naughty:

nobody (no body) is perfect :) :) :)

Nein, I'm on vacations now (Google Cariló) as soon as I go to my office I will check if I still have U2 bodies, I recall I did 2 or 3 but they aren't with the regular bodies, I'll have to look where they are stored.

Pablo

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pablo you've done a fine job on the threads, nothing a little Nano-Oil can't fix.
PM on the way

DRaven

Newly Enlightened
Amazing creations! I had a bit of fun with my pineapple and an E-C adaptor from a LU60A setup.

Sorry for the tease - Pics coming shortly.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed the recent Pineapple blow out sale,
would love to get my hand on a brass version.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where there is a will, there is a way!

It's been over a year since I wanted a brass version, finally, I landed the one & only brass body & tail pineapple combo that Peu ever made, as seen here (Post #18 & down):
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rass-Pineapple-18650-body-for-the-Surefire-U2

brasstail.png

Combined with the Mini Turbo head, after some serious Flame anodization, I got this, not a perfect match but I tried as close I could, baking @550 degree for 45min,
it was like a dark orange color, finally I set the oven to Hi Broil fro another 20 min to get the head an almost brass looking color.

Peu must have a real good camera, my point & shoot couldn't do the brass justice:
dscf1026v.jpg

To connect the body to the turbo head which has a different thread & diameter,
I used a E to C adapter, grind it down & inserted into the neck of the turbo head & bonded them by JB weld. Since the E-to-C adapter is completely inside the neck except the threads, its completely concealed.
(This pineapple body is Peu-modified version, in which it has a female top, rather than male top & it can accept 18650 battery)

Last edited: