magcharger NIMH?

N10

Newly Enlightened
No big deal but did maglite just updated thier magcharger batts to NIMH?..
i saw some magcharges in red boxes while browsing amazon.com today...so i thought either someone photoshopped the images or maglite is actually putting NIMH batts in the magchargers..anyone notice that also?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
No big deal but did maglite just updated thier magcharger batts to NIMH?..
i saw some magcharges in red boxes while browsing amazon.com today...so i thought either someone photoshopped the images or maglite is actually putting NIMH batts in the magchargers..anyone notice that also?

I don't know but guess that it's better to go for these, I have them and recommend them:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/streamlight-fb-5h1.html
http://www.batteryjunction.com/empire-streamlight-charger.html

Regards, Patric

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
No big deal but did maglite just updated thier magcharger batts to NIMH?
Yes.

I question whether there's really a benefit to it (does NiMH handle trickle charging as well as NiCad?), but the capacity bump is nice.

N10

Newly Enlightened
wandering abt the same thing...and how long does it take to charge the new higher capacity battery since the original one already take 16 hrs?

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the new LED MagCharger being introduced soon I was wondering how long the incan models would be around????
thinking.gif

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened
wandering abt the same thing...and how long does it take to charge the new higher capacity battery since the original one already take 16 hrs?

I think it is 10 hours to charge. Not sure why it is faster. I found this info at Brightguy.com under specifications tab.

stinky

Newly Enlightened
I think it is 10 hours to charge. Not sure why it is faster. I found this info at Brightguy.com under specifications tab.

The batteryjunction stick is just five of these:
NiMH Rechargeable Battery 1/2 D Cell 1.2 V 3500 mAh

Nominal Voltage 1.2V Nominal Capacity 3500mAh Max.Charging current 1.75A Max Max.Discharging current 3.5 A max

Max charge speed is 2hrs to charge one, so I guess five in series takes 10hrs? Don't know why it couldn't (at least in theory) be charged in 2hrs with enough current, but maybe that would be too hot/dangerous to run a 6v/8.75A=51 watt charger.

Also the same stick is a bit cheaper elsewhere (~$20).