G-10 Tritium holder?

adimag

Newly Enlightened
After having some of Merkava's DYI tritium holders, the hard plastic tube type, attached to my stainless steel maratac aaa, they are starting to get really torn up against the steel knurling. So, I started thinking about a Ti or stainless steel holder for the trit tubes. I really like that idea, but they are very hard to find and more expensive than I can afford. That got me thinking a little more. What about using G-10 knife handle material? Being a resin based material, it should be easier to drill and shape, should provide good protection for the vial, could come in almost any color, and should be a lot less expensive than Ti or stainless. I would love to give this a try, but I do not have or have access to a drill press or any of the other tools that woulld be needed. I also do not possess the "how to" skills to pull this off. I would, however, love to purchase some G-10 tritium holders from someone who does possess the time, tools, and skills if the price was $20 or under per unit.

So, what do you think?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone with machining skills and a shop could make it, but it's not all that easy to work with unless you have experience.

it's also a health hazard when ground/filed/sanded/drilled/cut.

Latest posts