Banggood Network        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

Default Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

Don. I noted that the 2AA Pak comes in 2 variants. One of which has got a lanyard hole directly the opposite side where the screws hold the clip.
    Is this a recent offering / alteration of this pak?

Default Re: Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

Quote Originally Posted by Benchiew View Post
    Don. I noted that the 2AA Pak comes in 2 variants. One of which has got a lanyard hole directly the opposite side where the screws hold the clip.
    Is this a recent offering / alteration of this pak?
    I had the lanyard hole added in subsequent batches to the first run and the 1xAA pak also has the lanyard hole.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    I had the lanyard hole added in subsequent batches to the first run and the 1xAA pak also has the lanyard hole.
    Noted with thanks Don.

strictly out of curiosity, and I do hope to pick one of these 2xAA paks up one day, how much skinnier are these AA bodies than the 123 paks?

I realize the diameter of CR123s is wider by design versus AAs though
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    strictly out of curiosity, and I do hope to pick one of these 2xAA paks up one day, how much skinnier are these AA bodies than the 123 paks?

I realize the diameter of CR123s is wider by design versus AAs though
    The large diameter at the tail is .990" on the 1x123 and .850" on the 2xAA The larger diameters at the "waist" of the 1x123 is .815" and .750" on the 2xAA.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    The large diameter at the tail is .990" on the 1x123 and .850" on the 2xAA The larger diameters at the "waist" of the 1x123 is .815" and .750" on the 2xAA.
    thank you sir! so for all intents and purposes they'll feel the same when being gripped, huh?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

thank you sir! so for all intents and purposes they'll feel the same when being gripped, huh?
    I actually find the AA profile better as far as grip goes, but it likely depends on your hand size and preferences.

eala

+1 I really the AA pak also. The slight added length and the larger ribs make it more comfortable in my opinion.
    McGizmo&Sebenza: Get It, Use It, Love It, BAN IT!! McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS

Hi Don,

Email sent for one of these.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by eala View Post
    I actually find the AA profile better as far as grip goes, but it likely depends on your hand size and preferences.

eala
    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    +1 I really the AA pak also. The slight added length and the larger ribs make it more comfortable in my opinion.
    sorry I missed yalls posts, thank you! I have a hunch the AA is more comfortable. Thanks guys!

sorry I missed yalls posts, thank you! I have a hunch the AA is more comfortable. Thanks guys!

I'll let you know what I think when mine arrives, I'd say my opinion will be that it's awesome, it'll be used on a Haiku, Mule and SunDrop so all bases will be covered head wise.
    Doing it all again I'd have chosen a 2XAA pak on one of my lights and had two CR123 paks instead of three CR123 paks and the 2xAA.
    I wasn't particularly interested in the 2xAA at first, I think I had a mindset of keeping things compact, but I'm now really looking forward to this pack.

I've had a chance to have a go with my three different McGizmo heads on the 2AA pack.
    Pretty happy with it so far and it gives a different utility and handling compared to the CR123 pack, not necessarily better just different.
    A couple of things to point out apart from the obvious differences in handling are the lanyard hole, I don't like it basically. I wouldn't use it for a start as I find the bridge section of the hole in the clip a perfectly good place to attach a lanyard if need be, secondly it's cut out quite roughly which doesn't go well with the generally excellent finish of McGizmo lights and it also only just fits design wise exposing half the height of the rubber boot retaining o-ring and meeting the top edge of the tail shroud where it slopes in on the inside.
    I would prefer if it were machined out nice and smooth or better still not there at all but I can live with it.
    Tail standing is fine on a good surface but due to the length and small base I wouldn't set it down tail standing as readily as a CR123 pack.
    I'm liking the pack overall and the different handling it offers.

Just got my 2AA mule w/hi cri HIVE converter. This just became my favorite light! Thanks Don! This combo really hits it out the park. The mode spacing is perfect with this new converter. I should have picked up the 2AA pack earlier, perfect size!

Quote Originally Posted by Q619 View Post
    Just got my 2AA mule w/hi cri HIVE converter. This just became my favorite light! Thanks Don! This combo really hits it out the park. The mode spacing is perfect with this new converter. I should have picked up the 2AA pack earlier, perfect size!
    Photos or it didn't happen!
    Looking for a HDS 4K Rotary.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234