Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

Default Re: Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

Quote Originally Posted by Light11 View Post
    Interesting, my XP-G 2xAA is 6 5/16".
    I thought I forgot how to read a tape measure and went back and measured mine again and its still the same 6 5/16'' and its a Haiku XP-G 2xAA also maybe Codeman's is older and it grew more than ours.

It appears that I experienced a previously undetected communication error between my combination rule and ocular data collector, thus introducing a +3/16" error into my measurement.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and trust that everyone will find solace in the knowledge that I was not involved with designing any civil structures during this time.

Don, if you need any assistance with spec'ing your next light, I'm available!
    Ray
    Good people need to be there for each other. It's the only way to stay sane in a sometimes insane world.

I'm no dummy! I'm not going to tell you guys how long mine is.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

On a totally different topic (thank goodness ): Don, was there a reason you opted to not have the collar ring on the 2xAA Pak like there is on the 1x123 Pak? I mean, I guess it's a vestigial item since it's basically a Surefire E-Series hard-stop for the head to butt against when installed, modified so it no longer serves that purpose, but even though it's non-functional at this point it somehow still looks like it ought to be there.

Crackup Re: Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Yeah, while the AA is longer, the 123 tube has a lil more girth.

-PSM

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    On a totally different topic (thank goodness ): Don, was there a reason you opted to not have the collar ring on the 2xAA Pak like there is on the 1x123 Pak? I mean, I guess it's a vestigial item since it's basically a Surefire E-Series hard-stop for the head to butt against when installed, modified so it no longer serves that purpose, but even though it's non-functional at this point it somehow still looks like it ought to be there.
    In some cases, the collar ring hard stop precluded the needed connection between the battery tube lip and rear of the LE. I believe its presence on the SF E series was a result of the needed large boss to be host to the pocket clip. I wish to retain E series compatibility but remove any unnecessary elements of potential conflict. If I felt comfortable in ignoring the E-series compatibility, I would rather allow for a nice and uncritical overlap of the head skirt over the O-ring and even leave room for an option of a second O-ring. With a less demanding geometry up there it would be more conducive to a twisty pak option in addition to tail switch pak.

In the case of the 2xAA pak, going to a full collar diameter would require turning the part from a larger diameter bar stock which would add to the cost of the part due to longer machining time and more material requirement.

One of the reasons I kept it on the 1x123 pak was that it serves as the land for the clip and were it not there, it would be more difficult to lead the clip over the intended attachment area.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Why Don? Is yours different from everyone's? Perhaps artificially enhanced in some way?

Ok, back to your normal program.
    McGizmo & Malkoff fan!

Underwater, everything looks bigger than it is and I am a bad judge of scale. I leave it to you guys with rulers!

I thought of significant shrinkage under water. But probably not with yours then. After all, we're talking titanium
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

In some cases, the collar ring hard stop precluded the needed connection between the battery tube lip and rear of the LE. I believe its presence on the SF E series was a result of the needed large boss to be host to the pocket clip. I wish to retain E series compatibility but remove any unnecessary elements of potential conflict. If I felt comfortable in ignoring the E-series compatibility, I would rather allow for a nice and uncritical overlap of the head skirt over the O-ring and even leave room for an option of a second O-ring. With a less demanding geometry up there it would be more conducive to a twisty pak option in addition to tail switch pak.

In the case of the 2xAA pak, going to a full collar diameter would require turning the part from a larger diameter bar stock which would add to the cost of the part due to longer machining time and more material requirement.

One of the reasons I kept it on the 1x123 pak was that it serves as the land for the clip and were it not there, it would be more difficult to lead the clip over the intended attachment area.
    Excellent answer. I'd say that covers just about every "next question" I could've thought to ask, in addition to my original question. Thanks.

Regarding the Twisty Pak option, you could go with something more along the lines of the original Aleph design, with a modular tailswitch modeled after the ones on the SF E-series. There could be bare metal tailcaps that only function as twisties, and tailcaps with clicky-switches in them so they can be unscrewed a little as a lockout function. Functionally speaking, I think having a tail-operated twisty makes more sense than a head-operated twisty, because I always seem to have the head pointed at the palm of my hand when I twist it, and when the light comes on it's blinding for a second until I point it somewhere else.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 04-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiessling View Post
    I thought of significant shrinkage under water. But probably not with yours then. After all, we're talking titanium
    That gets a BIG LMAO!
    -PSM

EM sent for one 2xAA McClickie pack!!
    -PSM

-PSM

Flashaholic

eMail sent for one Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak.

Flashaholic

(Also emailed Paypal confirmation this morning).

Got my Ti 2AA Pak the other day and absolutely love it. A work of art and looks great with my Haiku BB Head.

Thanks Don

Is there any chance that i can get this pak with out the clip ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grayhighh View Post
    Is there any chance that i can get this pak with out the clip ?

Thanks
    The clip's threaded holes are in place on all of the paks. You can get the pak without the clip but it would still have the mounting holes in it.

would my surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman head work on this pack?

Enlightened

Received my third one this past week for a family member. Set it up like the previous two with a Ti VME head, M31LL, borofloat lens (with no coating to mess up), and Eneloop batteries/charger. That should be good to go for the storm season or a sunspot/CME event.

First post in this thread for 2012!!!

E-mail sent for one x Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak

Thanks Don.

Arrived safely downunder.

Extremely good match for the two sundrop XR-U heads.

Thanks Don!

Is the Ti 2xAA McClickie pak compatible with a Haiku XML head and/or a Mule Hi CRI Nichia 119 head?

Quote Originally Posted by managermr View Post
    Is the Ti 2xAA McClickie pak compatible with a Haiku XML head and/or a Mule Hi CRI Nichia 119 head?
    The Ti 2xAA pak was designed specifically with this in mind, yes, compatible and intended for such.

Thanks for the response Don. I thought this was the case, but wanted to make sure.

I will be ordering a 2xAA pak soon.

Flashaholic*

Quick Question.

Are these paks the same "swollen" design as the 2x123 paks?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Deicide~ View Post
    Quick Question.

Are these paks the same "swollen" design as the 2x123 paks?
    The OD of all of the ribs is the same if that is what you are asking and don't bulge in the middle of the pak like the 2x123.

Don, how come mode changing with this body/switch is just a simple light tap versus the 1xCR123 pak?

Wait a minute. Let me qualify that a bit more in a moment.

What I mean is in momentary on -- with the light off, I can just light tap it in momentary on and it switches modes whereas this was much more difficult with the 1xCR123 body?

To put in perspective, if I wanted to signal someone with a few quick flashes, the 2xAA would switch modes whereas the 1xCR123 would keep mode.

*** Never mind that. I'm crazy. The other lights do that too....

Last edited by Ualnosaj; 06-19-2012 at 04:48 PM.

HI

ARE THE Haiku XP-G 2xAA STILL AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE?

IF SO, PLEASE EMAIL

michaelsantino@gmail.com

I am only building with the XM-L and Nichia 119 HiCRI LED's these days. Either LED can be used in a Haiku 2xAA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast