• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
This thread is about a wave offering of a new Ti 2xAA McClickie pak.

DSC_3566.jpg

The 2xAA is shown above, beside the 1x123 McClickie pak many of you are familiar with.

The 3S converters I presently build with and found in the Haikus and SunDrops are compatible with 2xAA battery sources. Beyond these, this 2xAA pak is likely a viable alternative for any number of variations of Aleph or E-series compatible heads which can also be run on a pair of AA cells in series.

Some people might prefer a longer flashlight body at times or the option of using a different and more readily available battery than the CR123.

I have no idea how receptive this community will be to this new option and alternative but I reckon I will find out. :)

I haven't taken a bunch of pics of the pak but I will offer a couple showing the battery pak with some current offerings.

Haiku XP-G 2xAA:

DSC_3573.jpg

SunDrop XR-U 2xAA:

DSC_3589.jpg

The 2xAA pak is 4 15/16 long from tail to the shoulder behind the O-ring; add the length of your intended head for an overall length. The maximum OD of the pak is .850" which is the case at both the switch end and the shoulder behind the head. The OD of the high points of the ribs is .750" and the OD of the channels between the ribs is .670". The bore diameter is .575". The pak without batteries weighs 2.3 oz. The pack, clip and clip screws are all 6-4 Ti.

I am offering these Ti 2xAA McClickie Paks for $210 plus shipping cost. Shipping will be via priority mail or international priority mail unless you request otherwise. For domestic priority mail, you can request insurance if you like and instead of the included delivery confirmation, signature confirmation will be used and you will need to be there to sign. I don't offer insurance on international shipping for a number of reasons.

For general information on how the orders are processed and such, please review This Thread.

If you want one or more of these, please send me an e-mail with
Ti 2xAA Pak

in the subject line as well as the quantity if more than one.

In the body of the e-mail request, please include:
CPF name
Real Name and mailing address & phone #

Any alternate shipping requests or request for insurance

I will respond with a confirmation of order received or a postage notification e-mail or both depending on how quickly I get to the requests and can process them. In the subject line of the postage notification I will include the total and please feel free to submit this amount via PayPal or other means at your earliest convenience.

These will be available on a first order received, first processed basis. In terms of quantity in this wave, at present, I have 40 of these completed and ready to ship now. There is an additional 50 of them expected from the machine shop. If interest is there, more of these will be ordered and the pak added to my ongoing attempts of wave launching. :eek:

Thanks guys! :)

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

Will you be offering this body together with a Haiku or Sundrop bezel?

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Senna94,
I have now edited the SunDrop XR-U and Haiku XP-G wave threads with the option of ordering the lights in the 2xAA configuration. I needed this thread as a reference link before adding the option to those threads. In short, the answer is yes.

fyrstormer

Banned
Choices choices...groceries this month, or 2xAA Clicky Pak...:shrug:

Actually I'll be out of town for the next two weeks, so it seems even my job is conspiring to get me to stop spending money on pretties for a little while... :D I'll get one later.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting for these for a while :party:
I'm going to have to hold it for a couple weeks though

Grade 5 or grade 2 titanium alloy?

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
if only Don would 'mistakenly' made another batch of these for PD-heads :D

very tempting move to jump the ship onto non-PD part of McGizmo world, which i've been trying to avoid for $$$ issue :eek:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
if only Don would 'mistakenly' made another batch of these for PD-heads :D

very tempting move to jump the ship onto non-PD part of McGizmo world, which i've been trying to avoid for $$$ issue :eek:

+1 Any chance we could get the machine shop to screw up again????