• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Question regarding tail switch...

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Peak offer a stiffer switch?

I got my SS El Cap with the switch. Great light. Well built. But......

....the tail switch is so sensitive, especially with Li-ions, that I'm afraid to carry it in a pocket for fear of it being on the whole time. It takes almost nothing to activate it, and even with Nimh's, to lock it out requires the head to be unscrewed so far that the head almost falls off.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Not sure if they offer a stiffer swithc/spring:thinking: I have tried adjusting spring travel on the keychain post on my Baltics to allow the head to screw down further/allow further backoff of head to prevent the head
falling off. As you can see and likelly know from the cutaway diagram below- there usually is room for adjustment. Good luck.

fujiyamacad.jpg

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem solved.

I just removed the inner piston/spring. That's the red part in the drawing above. It simply pulls right out. It can now be locked out quite easily. In fact, the head has to be screwed almost all the way down for it to even come on. Works fine with all battery lengths.

I also found that a clip from a CMG Infinity fits it quite well. I now have a bullet proof back-up light for duty.

Thanks PEAK.

ps Still waiting for that narrow beam Brass El Cap.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
You know- the cutaway/CAD drawings in the sticky are extremely helpful- I have used them many times- and the dimensions (standard and metric) come in handy too for o rings- lego compatibility etc. :)
Cheers!