What kind of cleaning fluid to use with SIMO LensPen?

fyrstormer

Banned
I bought a couple of LensPens and they came dry, with no cleaning fluid of any kind. I have no idea if they are supposed to be used with cleaning fluid or not, but if they are, what should I be using?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No fluid and if I were you I wouldn't use the LensPens on your lights except the brush. On my lights it seemed like they left a film that I could never seem to get off. I have had better success with some really plush towels I bought from member
waynejitsu. I use the Lenspen brush for the heavy dust, lint etc and then finish with the cloth dry no liquid. Those cloths are very good at reflector cleaning as well. If you pm him or I will give you his email you can get the towels.
YMMV.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Thanks for the info. I wasn't planning to use them on my lights, actually -- when I need to clean the lenses on my lights, I just remove them and wash them properly. I just didn't know if I was supposed to get some fancy cleaning fluid for when I use it on my camera lense.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bad! I don't know about camera's at all, but I'd be hesitant to use a Lenspen on a camera too. I bet those cloths would work well.

Mike V

Enlightened
Yeah, you use them dry.

Inside the cap is carbon powder.
You twist the cap and it cleans the chamois tip and puts more carbon on it.

It's a very weird concept, but it does seem to work.

I've used them and they are OK, but I prefer Microfibre cloths and lens fluid.