Glock GTL10 LED upgrade?

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I did a search, and haven't seen any discussion of the Glock GTL10 tactical light since 2007.

Has anyone tried modding one to LED? I know that it has just two holes under the reflector for the bi-pin Xenon bulb so there's nothing in the way of a "drop in" mod you could do AFAIK.

However, just poking two lead wires down into them shouldn't be too hard, IF an LED and reflector can be found that would fit. I need to go home and take some measurements and see if the reflector can be easily pulled from the bezel.

I'm praying one of the inexpensive DX P6 style module drop-ins can be made to fit.

Just wondering if anyone's tried it, and what they did if so.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I'm obviously just talking to myself here, but I got one of the inexpensive P6 compatible LED modules from DX last night.

It looks like it's going to be about 3 or 4 MM too wide, and how deep, even with the springs clipped off remains to be seen. Next step will be to see just how far off I actually am, then see if someone can turn it down for me on a lathe, or if I can cut it down myself somehow.

If ANYONE has any insight into removing the lens, or further disassembly of a GTL 10's bezel and removal of the stock reflector aside from brute force cutting/grinding, please let me know.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
If the reflector rim is too wide (P60-compatible modules being 26.xMM usually), then give DX #11810 a try. It's 22.5m or so and shorter than the D26/P60 modules.

Latest posts