Anyone got the SL TL3?

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
I spoke with Mary I think her name was of StreamLight, and she stated that they will begin shipping in approx 2 weeks. Just for grins, I asked her what the MSRP on these are and she replied with a chuckle (she actually giggled) $179.00. I don't know what provoked the chuckle, but I think that she couldn't believe it herself. > > > OUCH! < < <. I guess I'll have to settle with my SF L1 which I paid WAY less for. Now if it was a rechargeable light, that would be a different story altogether...

Ed.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Page 419 of the new Cabela's book has them list for $119.99. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Thanks jt, I was hoping that the dealers wouldn't adhere to the MSRP. What a relief! That is a good price, quite tempting actually. But as usual, I'm too chicken to make the first move without first reading about someones real world experience with it. I just hope and pray that they don't use crappy bin'ed luxes. I hate greenies. Thank goodness both my 5W flashlights, one from MR Bulk, the other an L1, are both snow white. Not a hint of green, which I consider myself lucky to own, given the reports that I've read on this board to the contrary.

Ed.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is interesting that Cabalas is selling the TL-3 through their catalog, while Brightguy and others apparently have not received shipment.

I pre-ordered mine about a month ago.

rookie

Enlightened
Hey, you can pre-order the TL-3 from Amazon.com for just $99.99 and this includes free shipping.

Amazon.com also carries the other Streamlight Task Lights also, including the TL-2 LED.

Check them out.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are these...5 watters? Anybody know anything about them? Regulated?

snake

Enlightened
Thanks for the info
it is 5W, with 3 CR123,seems not regulated just resistored.
but anyway both KL4 & TL3 didn't show up in HongKong yet...:p

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Are you sure the TL-3 uses a 5 watt Luxeon? .. from the Streamlight website;

"...Also available: The TL-2™ LED and the TL-3™ LED. Both LED models use a Luxeon™, super-high flux LED - 10 times brighter than a high-intensity LED - giving you the longevity of an LED with the brightness of a high-powered conventional bulb.
The TL-3™ provides even more power...."

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted

The tl3 uses a 5watt ls. What is in question is whether is is resistored down, or has some kind of circuit. various sources have indicated that what was shown at Shot 2003 only contained a resistor. however, reports are that the reason for the 2 month delayed release of the tl series was to incoportate regulation circuits... btw now of this is confirmed one way or the other, but well all know starting next week (a little bird told be they start shipping on monday...

rookie

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mr Ted Bear said:
Ted

The tl3 uses a 5watt ls. What is in question is whether is is resistored down, or has some kind of circuit. various sources have indicated that what was shown at Shot 2003 only contained a resistor. however, reports are that the reason for the 2 month delayed release of the tl series was to incoportate regulation circuits...

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for being new to this, but can you tell me what the difference is between resistored and circuited?

thanx

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at the La . Chiefs' of Police conference and spoke to a Streamlight rep yesterday and played with a TL2 and a Nightfighter. I am very impressed with these lights! One thing that I had not realized it that they are very close in size to an E2.

The TL2 xenon seemed brighter with better throw than my E2. The TL2 LED produced a very smooth and even beam with no trace of green at all and a suprising throw (some folks here may find the beam too tight, but I liked it). The hotspot was very white with just a trace of blue around the edges, but the corona got somewhat bluer. We discussed the TL3 and he said it would be out hopefully next month, and he said that they (and the TL2) are not regulated, just resistored.

The Nightfighter works great in the 'groucho grip' and seems also brighter than my E2. This particular one was the green finish, and it looked a lot like the finish on the CMG Ultras (not the brighter green of the Ultra-Gs). One thing that I had not seen in the adds for it, is that the pocket clip for the NF is mounted on the grip donut, so the light carries bezel down in your pocket. This may not work well in jeans, but I found it quite comfortable in a pair of Dockers.

He also said that they are working on a Twin Task (xenon with 10 leds) version of that magcharger-sized plastic body rechargable they make, whatever it is called (SL20?).

I am going to try to get a picture today of the TL2 and NF next to my L1. Based on my impressions from playing with these, I am going to backorder by a TL2 and TL3.