NEW GUY,,IS THIS TABOO,,CAP LITES

dr4747

Newly Enlightened
I JOINED HERE TO MAKE USE OF THE VAST AMOUNT OF INFO. FROM ALL INVOLVED. WITH MANY THANKS AND I SALUTE YOU ALL.

I EDC A WOLFEYES CHAMPION.

BUT MY WORK INVOLVES NEEDING MY HANDS TO BE FREE.
HERE'S THE DELIMA, HEAD LAMPS ARE FINE WHEN REALY INVOLVED
BUT FOR QUICK JOBS, AND CAUGHT OFF GUARD,,A CAP LITE CARRIED
ON PERSON WOULD BE NICE...HENCE THE DELIMA........THERE IS NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE A STRONG VERSION OUT THERE.

HELP IF YOU CAN;

60 OR SO LUMMES ON LOW

150-200 LUMMES ON HIGH

IS THERE SUCH A BEAST OUT THERE,OR WILL I HAVE TO MAKE IT MYSELF.

HAVE ORDERED MORE LITES TO DO SO BUT FABRICATION AND END RESULTS WILL BE OVERWELLMING.
Christo_pull_hair.gif

lovecpf
popcorn.gif
MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE,, AND GOOD WORK BY ALL
MY HATS OFF TO YOU.:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, dr4747.

I'll move your thread to the Headlamps section, where you'll find many threads about this type of light.

btw, there's no need to SHOUT at us - please don't type everything in upper-case.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a single AAA light such as the Fenix L0Dq4 (or the new version, LD01 I think) to work fantastic as an improvised headlamp clipped to the brim of a ballcap. I think the new ones come with a clip, but if they don't its about $5 shipped from 4sevens.

I carry the L0Dq4 clipped on my keys and it comes out often for various duties from adjusting my car headlamp aim to reading the dipstick while filling up- also works GREAT for firewood duty since its about 75lm on high.

On an aside, 60lm low is very bright, why the requirement?

dr4747

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Buck 91,thanks for the in put, 60 lm on low with my old eyes is about right, may be new here but have 27 led lites of varied power and switchable levels, find for my work 60 lm to be good all round close up.

Also; lite needs to be more secure than just the clip, as I have tried this,
cap lites with button batt. to low for inspection. I EDC my Wolfeyes Champion and use it till I need both hands to shift wires tracing them and the problem down.

May have to make my own ( as I have ordered a cr123 single cell lite ,with swichable levels to suit my needs), just that fabricating is a challange with reasonable good looks,secure hold, and be able to edc it also.

Just thought that some of you here may have come across something along these lines.
sigh.gif
But thanks the same, and I will keep watch here incase something comes up
popcorn.gif
Thanks again
grinser2.gif