Foxfury Scout        
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718

Thread: What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

Flashaholic*

Smile Re: What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

I have been carrying my Seamus knives Cracked Uber, since it's arrival, and rides in my right front pocket. My Kershaw Cryo has been in my left front pocket. My Strider Dog Paws PT CC ALWAYS rides with me in my wallet.

Last edited by TKC; 01-11-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Default Re: What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

Favorite folders for EDC.

Spyderco Native 5 G10 and SAK Cadet.

Favorite fixed blade for EDC.

ESEE Izula II.

Favorite belt knife.

Fiddleback Bushfinger.

Favorite general camp knife.

ESEE-6 with TKC scales.

My favorite edc knife is currently my benchmade mini reflex auto. It does everything I need it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post
    My Strider Dog Paws PT CC ALWAYS rides with me in my wallet.
    A Strider PT in your wallet ....Really! You must always be sitting at an angle? I'm not sure even George Costanza could pull that off?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by cyclesport View Post
    A Strider PT in your wallet ....Really! You must always be sitting at an angle? I'm not sure even George Costanza could pull that off?
    Front pocket wallet carry. It is a wallet made by Bill of Bill's custom cases.

Flashaholic*

Benchmade Mini Barrage if I had to choose just one.

Flashaholic

Ray Laconico Bear

For EDC any of my 3-3.25" blades, but if I could only choose one it would be my Neon, mainly because im not to worried about abusing it!😮😂

Hinderer 3" wharnie for me.

Hi!

Here are two of my favorites from the couple of knives that I have kept over time.

Folding knife, locking, (damascus blade, mammoth ivory, MOP inlays in the back) made by late Master-Smith Hugh Edward Bartrug, may he R.I.P. This knife was featured in the Jim Weyer book series: "Knives: Points of interest".

And a Scagel style backlock folding knife (forged carbon steel blade, jigged bone, ag arrowhead) made by Journeyman-Smith Mace Vitale.

___

These are re-posts from the Knife & Light thread and one new picture.

Flashlight by "Mac's Customs" it's one of the "unique Surefire's". Custom knife by German knifemaker D. Hoelter (damascus/ san mai technique, mammoth ivory, brown mallee). Hawk by ATC.

Older Surefire E1B, "Unique Surefire" by "Mac's Customs". Strider Knives SnG, Spartan Blades Enyo, ATC Hawk.

Lot's of memories attached to quite a bit of that stuff.

Kind regards,
    Oliver
    Last edited by the_black_tie_diyer; 06-13-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Kind regards,
    Oliver

One more more recent and one I particularly like.

The remake of the classic Scout Knife by Prometheus Design Werx. The limited edition DRB Scout Knife. Again with my trusty Surefire E1B.

Kind regards,
    Oliver
    Kind regards,
    Oliver

To many to choose from

I wish I could post pics but anyway I carry these everyday

I have a Victorinox field master with swiss Bianco copper scales in my pocket and the piece DE resistance is my
    Esee 3 with file worked spine, brass liners, mosaic pins, California redwood burl scales, brass lanyard bead with 6 2mmx12mm trit vials, and custom Caiman tail inside the belt sheath all work completed be me

If someone is willing to help me out I would very much appreciate letting me email them pics and them posting them for me
    No such thing as too many flashlights, or knives.................
    No matter what they say.

Favorite EDC - Kershaw Knockout - I have three. The original black aluminum handles w stonewashed blade, the brown aluminum handled ELMAX blade, and the olive green aluminum handled Damascus blade. Big enough, light enough for everyday carry, snappy assisted action, thumb studs or flipper tab, good clip, frame lock, and USA made. Whats not to like? At $50 to a hundred bucks I can drop this on the ground and step on it without a care. Try THAT with your Fischer Custom!

Quote Originally Posted by lightknot View Post
    Favorite EDC - Kershaw Knockout - I have three. The original black aluminum handles w stonewashed blade, the brown aluminum handled ELMAX blade, and the olive green aluminum handled Damascus blade. Big enough, light enough for everyday carry, snappy assisted action, thumb studs or flipper tab, good clip, frame lock, and USA made. Whats not to like? At $50 to a hundred bucks I can drop this on the ground and step on it without a care. Try THAT with your Fischer Custom!
    I wish Kershaw offered more of their knives with premium blade steel options. I just picked up a Leek with the D2 composite blade and stonewash finish. It's a steal at under $80.

Take it easy,
    Bob
    ​"What do you carry a flashlight for?!"

For many years I carried a CRKT Komodo Gold tanto 4" blade that I bought in about 1995. Made in Taiwan and worked great! Easy to sharpen to shaving-sharp, held an edge fairly well, and had rubbery handle sides so it was hand-filling but not too heavy and fairly comfortable in a pocket. Eventually I realized that it was illegal to carry due to blade length and retired it from EDC. A wonderful knife if you can find one and it is legal where you live.

Tried several of the then-current CRKT knives around 3" blade length and found them all to be crap (this was around 2010). Finally bit the bullet and bought a Benchmade Mini-griptillian tanto, which was slick, and I liked that it was indisputably within the legal blade length, but it has a few drawbacks: 1. A little too small for my comfort in handling. (I have big, clumsy hands.) 2. Pricey enough that I don't love worrying about losing it in EDC. 3. Blade bevel angle seems a little too thick. I can get it fairly sharp, but not nearly as slicey as my old Komodo, and it doesn't hold an edge all that well.

Early this year I bit on a $12 sale price on an LA Police Gear Rescue EDC 3.4" tanto. It's too lumpy and heavy for in-pocket EDC (IMHO) but is OK clipped in the top of my back pocket. I can't get it quite as sharp as the Komodo, but it will shave hair off my arm. Edge holding is a little better than the Benchmade (sorry fanboys!) It flips open pretty easily and reliably with the bump on the back of the blade. And, of course, even at the regular price of $16, it's virtually disposable. The only thing I don't like about it (other than the political and labor implications of buying cheap Chinese goods) is that it's nominally within the legal size limit for my city, but it's close enough that a cranky cop might choose to believe otherwise.

My EDC knife is on a rotation that favors my PM2, G10 Manix 2, and Sage 5. They are all great knives to carry. Spyderco knives are my favorite to collect. I do aspire to own a Large Sebenza. I believe that will be my next knife purchase.

—-My EDC flashlight 100% of the time is an Eagle Tac Titanium D25C with Nichia 219 LED.

Not really that much into knives as I live in the city but I recently bought a Kershaw Leek to add to my very modest EDC knife rotation. Found it to be really small, handy and very well-made. Excellent fit and finish

Having said that though, there's really something about the Buck Spitfire that makes me want to carry it more. Love the color and finish on it. The action is butter-smooth and I can deploy it almost as fast as I can deploy the Leek. This knife really deserves better reviews, I feel that it's one of the most underrated knives out there.

The Ganzo was an impulse buy, a beater knife of sorts. So if I need to cut something and I'm worried about my knife breaking, that's what I use

And that Pocket Monkey comes in really handy when the situation calls for it

Sebenza 21

11-5-17-5 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

Not an EDC but it is art to me.
    http://i.imgur.com/ltjahgx.jpg

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718