What's your EDC, Go-To, or favorite knife/knives?

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched around and didn't find any prior knife threads (I'd bet there have been some, but perhaps the old ones rolled off the list), so I figured I'd start one.

I'm not a "knife guy", but I do appreciate a good blade. For years I've carried around a Victorinox knife money clip, essentially my "EDC knife", but later on I learned from a knife enthusiast friend about SOG. Wow, they are a great company! I am particularly impressed with their "Arc lock" style knives. I bought a lightly used SOG X-Ray Vision off of eBay a couple of years ago and still make good use of it from time to time. It's the best knife I own.

pic1.jpg

One other knife I really like is an inexpensive "Fenix" branded KM6 knife I picked up when buying a bunch of flashlight items. It is a small axis lock style knife, very well made. Unfortunately Fenix does not carry them anymore, but I discovered that SanRenMu (SRM) is the maker and a number of sellers offer it.

7-16%20-%20B4-762%20M3-762.jpg

(The nice thing about this knife is that it is an axis lock design that can swing open using your thumb or flick of your wrist)

Anybody else care to share their knives of interest? :)

Last edited:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say my most used knife is the Gerber EAB since I cut a lot of boxes and I can get the blades from work. Its real compact and has a nice clip. Perfect for around the office/warehouse

oronocova

Enlightened
My most used knife is a Wenger Journeyman. I liked the serrations but got tired of sharpening them so I sanded the large blade down into more of a sheepsfoot style and put a convex edge on instead. It's the second of this type I've owned and my only complaint is that the backsprings seem to get weak quickly on the blades. Then they ride up while in your pocket and start poking your fingers when you dig for it. Not good. Think I'll try a victorinox next time.

Outside of work I carry a CRKT Tuition plain edge. Great knife with a useful geometry, for the money and not so expensive that you don't care to beat it up. I like the flipper for opening and a finger gaurd also. Very well made IMO.

For hunting I have been using a J Marttiini and for camping I take a Mora.

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
A small sebenza with wood inlay's recently replaced my spyderco native.
It's been my edc for a week now and it's definitely my go to knife.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I have been carrying a Gerber EZ OUT for more than 10 years. It is light weight and has a good lock.
I also carry a Cold Steel AK-47. It is a little bit large and took some getting used to, but it really is a heavy duty knife. It also has a good pocket clip and with a little practice, it will open when it is drawn from your pocket. It is designed to do that.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the knife I have been carrying for 2 1/2 years now, and it is my go-to.

2794203405_e919970c0f.jpg

Beautiful. I hope to own one soon.:sigh:

I guess my go to knife would be my Opinel slim #6. Its cheap and does what it needs to (for EDC that is).

WebWalker

Banned
I have a few EDCs I rotate depending on my mood.. Today I have a Cold Steel Voyager. Its really too large, intimidates people if i have to use it, but carrys well.

Armadew

Newly Enlightened
For a main folder i usually rotate between one of these:
DSC00952.jpg

DSC01182-1.jpg

I always carry the SAK on my keys, and one ore both of these others.
DSC01180.jpg

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of those Leatherman Wave's too, the model that came out before the manufacturing went to China. :p So glad I managed to get it--marvelous tool. And very nice pouch that came with it. :thumbsup:

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
I've been carrying a Spyderco Endura G10 and a Benchmade 950BK forever, great knives, rock solid, they hold an edge forever.
At work I carry a ZeroTolerance 400, very intimidating blade, and one of the best assisted openers I've owned.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
most used: spyderco tenacious (my at work knife.) very solid and good for its price. no worry of beating it to death as its cheap. only caveat is that its a bit too heavy to edc off work.

most used after work and around town and very much liked: Sog Flash2 (a big sized blade that weighs very little) and the deep carry clip.

most played with: sog twitch2, kershaw leek (i just keep toying with them and carry them when i need to "dress up" more formally) sometimes i do carry the sog flash1 too because of its deep carry clip.

most used when i NEED a knife: a fixed blade Puukko.. scandi grind finnish knives. (or a basic Mora if i need a beater fixed blade)

ugg..im not a knife guy either.. but.. i cant pick one that is most used/go-to/edc/favorite.. i have different uses and needs and i try to pick one that fits the purpose that moment.

hk dave

Newly Enlightened
My EDC Knife is a Benchmade Barrage with Axis Assist.

My EDC when I'm wearing the fancy clothes is a Benchmade H&K Mini Ascender Tanto. Ultra thin i just clip it on my belt under the suit jacket... nobody ever notices.

guyg

Newly Enlightened
I too have a rotation group. The core is Chris Reeve, Buck and Vic ,with Benchmade Case and Spyderco in the mix from time to time.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually carry and use one of my customs.

I am carrying my XM-18, and have been for awhile now. I also love my Sibert MPR, Manaro Mini Bullseye, Peter Carey Special Rubicon,Yuna EQ-2's......

XM-18yellowopencopy.jpg

SibertopenMPR1.jpg

PICT0787.jpg

PICT0823.jpg

YunaEQ-2sopensidebysidecopy.jpg

Per-Sev

Enlightened
I must say TKC you have some nice knives you carry, How can you decide what one to carry it looks like a tough decision to me.

COAST

Enlightened
Soon I'll be EDCing a Spyderco Centofante III!!!!! Woo!!! (Hopefully if Ihave the money :mecry:)

But this is what I'm EDCing right now. A COAST C19 Tactical Knife

IMG_0975.jpg

My dream EDC that I hope will come true!!

sc66pbk35sr.jpg

Last edited: