Is M2 brighter than Z2?

LLLean

Enlightened
If both are using the P60 LA, is the M2's
beam brighter than that of the Z2?
Or are they pretty much the same.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much identical. Some would say that the Pyrex window of the M-2 would allow more light thru, but I think the amount of light is not perceptable...

Theya re essentially the same light, except the M-2 is a Z-2 on steroids...

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Lamp Assembly is deeper within the M2 Shock Isolated Bezel then the Lamp Assembly is in the standard Bezel of the Z2. This truncates the surround beam a little bit clearly defining the edge of the beam (you can see the outline of the lens retaining ring) which isn't a feature of the Lexan lens of the standard bezel of the Z2.

Sometimes I can tell that the surroud beam of the P60 in the M2 is brighter than the P60 in the 6P (same bezel as the Z2). Mostly as Dano says, it's practically the same as far as using the flashlight beams go.

The M2 is the tank of the 2 cell models to be sure!

BTW, there is no "dash" in SureFire model codes.
This helps ITI differentiate their M-3 and other weapon lights from SureFire's Millennium Series such as the M3 CombatLight. (sorry for being picky)

Regards,

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I can't decide either way. I just replaced my G2 with Pyrex and it seems whiter. Same with the 6P, seems whiter with the Pyrex. I think it may have something to do with the anti-reflective coating as well. Could just be in my head. I'll have to do an unscientific test one of these days.

Have my wife hold a 6P with lexan and 6P with pyrex, shuffle them and see if I can tell the difference. She'll probably admit me in a mental hospital however.

You can order the Z2 bezel w/pyrex for $28.11 from SF. It's the Black C2 bezel, same as used on the Z2 (but it's pyrex)

Ratso

Enlightened
I don't think you can really tell at first, just that later when your Lexans are all scratched up your and your Pyrex are clear as new there will be quite a difference.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Lexan ages. It dulls a bit I think.

Also do you find that Lexan attracts dirt and dust? My Pyrex lenses are always really clean compared to the Lexan lenses...

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Could be due to static electricity building up more on plastic?

Latest posts