Got an E2e, what would be a 2nd Surefire?

rodmeister

Enlightened
I just got an E2e last week and I've been thinking about the same thing. I might get a Surefire weapons light for my AR-15. Or a Streamlight Scorpion for my car emergency kit, since a Surefire is too nice to leave permanently in my car.

The M3 looks really cool and would make a good house flashlight to complement the EDC role of the E2e.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wellllll................

The M3 is a O.K....

Personally, I like the new and improved 9P's a whole lot...Classis design, lots of light, and small enough to carry, without the "combat grip."

--dan

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Do you have a KL1 yet? Maybe an extra E2E for your KL1 so you don't have to switch heads? A KL1 is alot cheaper than a M3 (which could come later). If you don't have a KL1 ---> YOU REALLY NEED A KL1!!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed an order with LPS, but I didn't make the list for the first shipment. So I cancelled and ordered direct from Surefire, but they are also out of stock, and the KL1s are on work order. So I have pretty much given up on these and will just wait till it comes in my mail.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
M3 is a great light, but it'll take you a while to get used to the egg shaped beam.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
This Cali resident must be moving in reverse because I went from the M3 to the E2!

I really like your soon-to-be KL1 addition but I'll swim downstream here and suggest that you might want to really go hog wild on accessories and batteries before getting another light. While more lights is always better, perhaps building a base/system out of your E2e might be a good idea. Get all your "E" stuff taken care of e.g., spare bulbs, holster, filters/beamshapers and plenty of batteries. Once you have the batteries you then have a perfect vehicle to move on to another light.

Having said that, unless you need the sturdiness of the M3, have to have the combat grip or for that matter just plain want one for the neato factor, I'd suggest something a little different. A 9P (an orginal model w/o the clip) with a LOTC and the M2 black bezel is a great workhorse that you'll really love. It gives you the 9v that you're looking for and will, I guarantee, become one of your favorite lights. It has the black body that isn't as rugged as the HA finish but unless you're in the jungle eating snakes and bugs, you'll be just fine. Scratches are personality!!!

I have several Exs, an M2, M3 and others and I just really love my 9P. I personally like the orginal models without the clip although you can, if you'd like, get one with it. I'm also a big fan of the KL1 on either the E1 or E2 but not the E2e. That's another post...

Good luck.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the other 9 volt lights, and I must say the there are some great deals out there compared to the M3. But since I got the E2eHA, I just love the HA and pyrex. I figured the difference wouldnt be so much since the M3 comes with 2 Lamps. I am considering the Z3 or the C3, since I just remembered about the oval beam.

Thanks for the replies guys

LLLean

Enlightened
My first SF was a C3-HA + SRTH. Then an E2E.

I'm giving away the C3 to my brother because
I feel like I prefer something smaller, but with
possibility of expansion. Hence, I'm getting the
Z2 (or C2) plus the A19 (which allows it to be
a Z3/C3 losing the combat grip). I much prefer
the size of the 2-battery SF over the 3-battery
ones, at least for most use. They're bright enuf.
(Note: I'm not a LEO). I can still use my
SRTH turbohead on the Z2, and i'm also getting
the KT-1 turbohead.

Also, i don't care too much for the M3. Don't
think it's that much of a deal compared to the
C3, which is much cheaper. That oval beam needs
some getting used to.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3.

Until you`re ready for the best...
the M6 and the 10X.

It`s a slippery slope.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
My recommendations:
wink.gif

1. A2
2. M3
3. M6

Take your pick.

The C3-HA is nice too, you can add an M2 bezel and have shock isolation too.

I like the M3 but found myself using the hola all the time, so it would have been a better idea to just get the M6, since you can run the M6 off of 3 batteries using M3T lamps anyway.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I wouldn't suggest anything that is not HA.

Hey JackBlades, I have to say this time the head banging smilie is amazing, love it, that's the cutest I've ever seen!
grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by dano:
Wellllll................

The M3 is a O.K....

Personally, I like the new and improved 9P's a whole lot...Classis design, lots of light, and small enough to carry, without the "combat grip."

--dan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've always felt that the 9P with P91 gave the most bang for the buck in a EDC'able package.

Brightnorm

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Jeff:
.....I just really love my 9P. I personally like the orginal models without the clip....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Agreed, and I prefer the older original model with round bezel; it's even sleeker.

Brightnorm