Problem with Fenix PD30 R4

MagusG

Newly Enlightened
I received a PD30 R4 for Xmas. Promptly put a set of tenergy batteries in and fell in love. Eventually they died and I went to a set of Titanium Innovation batteries, and continued the affair. Next set was some surefires that my dad had, it worked fine for a few days. Then, all modes ceased to work, except presumably turbo, looks more like high to me. The beam is sometimes inconsistent, tightening or loosening the head does nothing, and the switch only serves to turn it on and off. I have contacted the vendor I got it from, an am scheduled to send it back to them, and have them handle the warranty with Fenix. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered a problem like this with their Fenix light and if there was a fix I could do. Please help!
-Brent

MagusG

Newly Enlightened
Yes, after the surefires, I tried two other sets. The light works, just one mode, regardless of head position or how many times you hardpress/softpress the switch. I've also cleaned the threads and contacts thoroughly with alcohol.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the switch retaining ring inside the tail cap tightened down, thats just a shot in the dark most new Fenix I have seen lately are glued in rather firmly.

MagusG

Newly Enlightened
As far as I can tell it is, how would I go about tightening it?