18650, SST-50 tactical flashlight with direct access to strobe?

Plus-Secur

Newly Enlightened
Hi at all,

thanks again to anyone who suggested me buying the M1X- it`s the perfect light for the car. I used it as an EMT and for our security company during nightshifts. Perfect "search-light" to be in the car.
Now, I`m after something different. The SST-50 might bring me my perfect tactical light a little closer.
I want a flashlight with a clip for an upside-down carry, running on ONE 18650. It should be throwy with a nice usable spill, a forward clicky with momentary on. I should always have direct access to max (that should be in the 500 lumens area) and a stress proof access (with one hand) to a really quick and bright strobe. We`ve tested different strobes and the real blinding effect with agitated or trained persons just started in the 500 lumens area.
The M1x is too big and the access to the strobe is not usefull- but the blinding effect is great. Please no discussion about the real tactical usefullness of strobe in tactical situations.

The Olight M21 would be nice if it would have a better acces to the strobe (and might be a little brighter). I can`t imagine a situation where I needed (and sometimes used) a strobe in specific situations where I would have had the second hand to loosen/tighten the head. The M30 would be nicer but it`s just too big.

A EagleTac T20C2 with a sst-50 would be great :naughty:
Anyone able to modify this for me?

Maybe someone could suggest me a light?
I`m looking forward to read your answers!

Karsten

Last edited:

konut

Newly Enlightened
I thought that this was an excellent question. I am surprised that there are no high power torches with direct access to strobe.

Last edited:

bkumanski

Enlightened
I thought that this was an excellent question. I am surprised that there are no high power torches with direct access to strobe.

I know of at least one: Olight M30. It's not an SST, but the MCE is actually brighter than the M21 and can throw just as far.

Plus-Secur

Newly Enlightened
Yes, but the M30 is a little too big to be carried in the pants pocket.
I`m really hoping for a M21 with the sst-50 and the UI of the M30,...
The M20S makes me hoping for anything similar to come soon, thats why I bring this up again!

Olight, make it happen!

Last edited: