MAHA MH-C401FS - Recommendations where to buy ?

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a C204F now and am looking to upgrade to the new C401FS with 4 individual charging circuits. Also interested in some high capacity AA's and AAA's.

I haven't bought anything since the 1800 mAH units were state of the art. I've been dealing with Thomas Distributing in the past, and while not unhappy, I think their prices are a bit high. Can anyone offer offer any advice/recommendations on where to pick up the new MAHA and a quantity of the latest high capacity cells? Do any fellow CPFers sell these items?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MAHA MH-C401FS - Recommendations where to buy

I haven't found anyone yet that discounts them besides Thomas Dist. Maybe that's because they're the only ones that come up when I do a search. I bought mine directly from Maha and was fortunate to have found a refurb, but I don't think they have anymore. You can buy it bundled with batteries and that's the best deal on batteries. The 2000s and 2200s are top of the line, but I wasn't willing to pay $4 a piece for them. Bundled they're about $2.50.

I've been thinking about a group buy on the new Nexcell 2100s which should be in the $1.50 range.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply kitelights. After much searching I am going to order the charger and 4 bundled 2200 Powercells from Thomas Distributing. I did find it for a couple dollars cheaper on eBay, but I think I'll stick with the tried and true instead.

I am going to need more batteries though, I'll keep an eye open for your group buy. It seems that alot of people are holding off in anticipation of the upcoming Sanyo 2300 AA cells, but I don't think I want to wait that long. I heard that they are available in Europe now, but it will probably be at least a month or more before we can buy them in the US.

Peter

Entropy

Enlightened

Not sure if it was the C401FS, but there was an advertisement for two different Maha bundles for $50 in the most recent issue of QST. They were being sold by one of the ham radio equipment vendors. (Not AES or HRO, I can't remember who.) I'll try to remember to check tonight.

One was a charger with a 4-pack of 2200s (I think that may have been the 401), the other was a "lower end" charger with 8 2200s.

Blikbok

Enlightened

I have the 2000's which came bundled with my 401 from Thomas Dist. and I have a dozen or so Sanyo 1700 Industrial labels. I use them as my knockaround cells, or ones that have to sit in a light and aren't used often.

snuffy

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Entropy said:
Not sure if it was the C401FS, but there was an advertisement for two different Maha bundles for $50 in the most recent issue of QST
One was a charger with a 4-pack of 2200s (I think that may have been the 401), the other was a "lower end" charger with 8 2200s.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's on page 2 of the August QST. It lists 10 dealers.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recommend Thomas Dist. Goo service, good price and you get a coupon for $5 off next order.

Wilkey

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies all, I just ordered from Thomas Distributing. Got the MAHA C401FS charger bundled with 4 2200 mAh Powercells for $48.97 + shipping (5.97).

Peter

Photon

Newly Enlightened

Methinks you have chosen wisely.

rajanf1

Newly Enlightened

I hope Kevin of BatteryStation would sell the 401 instead of the 204 because he has better prices on rechargeables. It would be a nice single source type of arrangement if you wish to maximize buying and shipping.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would be nice to get the 401 and some cells from Kevin, but he doesn't sell the MAHA 401. I'd rather give my business to a CPF sponsor if given the choice. I'm not sure why he doesn't carry it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peter