What mah rating 18650's should I get for an EagleTac T20C2 MkII?

hybrid

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered an EagleTac T20C2 MkII flashlight, and now I need a handful of rechargeable 18650 batteries to run it. Price is not a huge factor. What brand/mah rating as well as charger should I get to run my light?

Mik

Newly Enlightened
AW brand and Panasonic are very popular. Personally, I am pretty happy with my free laptop pack cell pulls. They usually have a little higher IR than the expensive stuff, but it does not seem to matter much unless you have something that demands a lot of current. I am only getting 2000-2100mah @ 2.0A out of them, but for me that is OK. The price can't be beat, and I am recycling in the most efficient way I can imagine.:thumbsup:

I started with a DSD charger, but was causing my cells to get warm and charged a little above 4.2v, so I figured it probably was not working correctly. I now have a Turnigy accucel 8 and a Duratrax ice. They both work pretty well, but I find myself using the Turnigy more often for some reason. The accucel 6 also has a good reputation, and the China hobby king store has them on sale for $29.99. On a taller budget you could go up to Hyperion or something, but if you're looking mainly to charge individual cells, there isn't much need to get that fancy.

You really can't go wrong with AW or Panasonic, but if you have a little time and don't have a high end runtime requirement, look into the laptop packs cell recycling.

Elliot

Newly Enlightened
hybrid:
Welcome to CPF!:twothumbs

You might want to check with your vendor. The EagleTac lights I own have a physical reverse polarity protection feature in their heads that won't allow the use of flat topped batteries. So I need to use the standard cells with the "button" on the positive end. This leaves out some of the newer high capacity Li-ion cells. That being said I can usually get 4 to 6 hours worth of use on the "regular" mode using AW's 2200 protected cells (see the CPF Marketplace Dealer's Corner.)

hybrid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, I'll shoot Eagletac an e-mail and ask them what batteries they recommend.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info, I'll shoot Eagletac an e-mail and ask them what batteries they recommend.

Most likely there own :

Ultrafire 2600 Candy apple red .. dx/sku.26247
Trustfire Red and Black dx/sku.20392
AW2600 if the price dont scare you .. Marketplace !

lebox97

Enlightened
:thinking:
lol, um EagleTac will certainly recommend the EagleTac 18650 cells - and so do I.

AW, and his 2600mAh is generally considered the best -
but, if you are not driving a hotwire incandescent - the slightly lower capacity ET 18650's 2400mAh work great for 1/2 the (delivered) price?
YMMV
(and as pointed out - the 2600mAh flat top does not work with several lights - there is a thread about compatibility here)
:welcome:

Tod

Latest posts