Tool Logic SL Pro 2 BATTERY SLEEVE

GaryH

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

In my excitement to use my new knife/torch tool I took the 4 LR41 batteries out of what I thought was disposable wrapping and put them in the small LED light that fits on top of the pocket knife. The light works fine. I then read the instructions which said that the batteries shouldn't be removed from the reusable latex sleeve. What's the sleeve for? Will any damage be caused by not using the sleeve? I would appreciate any advice please.

Many thanks.

Gary

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
no idea but a thought.. maybe the sleeve is there to make sure the batteries do not rattle and slide off from each other. tolerances might be a bit too big and allowthe batteries moving around.. or maybe the sleeve is to protect accidental shorting (because of the moving)

DM51

Flashaholic
The sleeve would be required to prevent the possibility of a short occurring.

I'll move your thread to the Batteries section for you.

GaryH

Newly Enlightened
no idea but a thought.. maybe the sleeve is there to make sure the batteries do not rattle and slide off from each other. tolerances might be a bit too big and allowthe batteries moving around.. or maybe the sleeve is to protect accidental shorting (because of the moving)

Hi,

Yes could be. Thanks for your thoughts. Loading the 4 cells into the sleeve may be to help prevent any of them being put in the wrong way round. I did find inserting 4 cells without the sleeve was a bit of a tricky balancing act.

Cheers.

Gary

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the cells are in contact with any metal other than the intended contacts (e.g. a metal tube) they will tend to get shorted out through the casing. However, if the battery housing is made of plastic I doubt it will be a problem.

GaryH

Newly Enlightened
If the cells are in contact with any metal other than the intended contacts (e.g. a metal tube) they will tend to get shorted out through the casing. However, if the battery housing is made of plastic I doubt it will be a problem.

Hi, Many thanks for this. Cheers. Gary

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
No don't worry, i have 4 or 5 of those knives and the first few didn't even originally come with a sleeve, it's just for convenience sake so as you don't accidentally end up putting some of the batteries in back to front.