Tritium Vial on the IlliminaTi

Dr. Smoke

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to attach one or more trit vials to the IlluminaTi, but it seems problematic.
theshorelinemarket_2094_757444406

Maybe I could epoxy a 1.5mm vial in the flat area with the flashlight's name? How long is this flat area? (I don't have the flashlight yet)

The vials are borosilicate glass so should be pretty tough, but tough enough for a keychain? Does epoxy stick to Ti? would 2mm be too large for this area?

Also I don't understand these dots that B@rt has. Are they trit in glass spheres?

Last edited:

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
Dr. Smoke - Post in General Light Discussion - Sub-Forums: Electroluminescent/GID. You will get better answers there.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to attach one or more trit vials to the IlluminaTi, but it seems problematic.

Maybe I could epoxy a 1.5mm vial in the flat area with the flashlight's name? How long is this flat area? (I don't have the flashlight yet)

The vials are borosilicate glass so should be pretty tough, but tough enough for a keychain? Does epoxy stick to Ti? would 2mm be too large for this area?

Also I don't understand these dots that B@rt has. Are they trit in glass spheres?

Trits are only good if the light has real trit slots to install them. Everything else looks crappy and remember that a trit is made of glass, it breaks easily if it's not properly protected. On a keychain, even the trits in their slots in a Lummi Raw are reported to break. :oops:

I don't understand Bart's dots either, it seems they are mini-trits in a metal housing. but I'm not sure. You can forget about those for the IlluminaTi though, just as vials. I have one and I can't imagine where to put a trit...

Dr. Smoke

Newly Enlightened

Dr. Smoke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks FA, will do.

Henk I was a little afraid of all that, so I posted. Maybe someone has made a breakthrough and will share it with us here.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened

Smoke, the shperes are usually used in night sights for guns or using a drilled out hole flush seated in metal.

Don't try mounting the trit's like you are thinking about. Plus, this is a pocket light and even with caution on your part you could well end up with a pocketful of busted trit and profanity.

Wait & see if the new light is even worthy of machining a trit slot into before thinking about where to put it.

You may be upset about the norland, trit's, light & more otherwise.

Let it flow bro. I'd like to see a properly drilled keychain hole before I decide to start outfitting a light with trits....just sayin...