Liteflux LF2XT Q4 or R5?

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a light to replace my Maratac AAA for keychain duty. I have narrowed my search down the the LF2XT and have a question about the output. I've searched CPF and have not found anything on lumen output for both versions. What is the guesstimated output on both Q4 and R5 using eneloops and 10440s? Thank you for your time!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sorry I can't give you any numbers, but my Maratac AAA is slightly brighter than my LF2XT Q4 using NiMH batteries. This may be reversed using 10440's since the LiteFlux is designed to run fine on this type.

Geoff

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Light-reviews.com tested a Q4 LF2XT in an integrating sphere and found that it puts out 123 lumens on max, and 1200 lux on max (with 10440s) or about 600 lux on max with eneloops.

For comparison, I'd guess that my Maratac AAA is 60-80 lumens. While the LF2XT is definitely brighter when run on Li-Ions, it's about the same brightness (or just slightly dimmer) than the Maratac on alkalines.

Can't speak to the R5, though, since I chose the Q4 for its beautiful neutral tint. :whistle:

Hope this helps!

- FITP

Last edited: