Glow Tape...whats new?

Wok

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Need to pimp my truck :D

I am looking for 15-20mm wide adhesive glow tape that is UV resistant [used outdoors]. Have things improved since GreenLed's tests?

TIA.....eng hoe

Wok

Newly Enlightened
"Glow-in-the-dark".... the original tests showed the adhesive quality was not "good".
I have used GlowInc powder but they don't show a tape product.

eng hoe

viix

Newly Enlightened
there is this by cyalume but I've no experience with it..

I doubt any kind of glow is sufficient for safe driving but for locating a stationary vehicle, it should be alright.. the cyalume has both, reflective and glow..

abbeytoo

Newly Enlightened
There is also the issue of ambient lighting. For good visibility of GITD stuff, it needs to be quite dark. City, street, and car lights shining all around really reduce the effect. I don't know of any tape (not saying there isn't any, but...) that would give satisfactory results, unless you live up in the mountains where it is super dark.

However, I have cast epoxy and resin things that are in my yard, that are very visible thru the night, and I have city street lights and a stop light blaring down into the yard!

This pic was taken in my garage so it isnt a true pic of what they look like in the yard. Outside, with all the lighting around, they are more than 1/2 as bright as this pic. Very visible. One is epoxy and the other is resin mixed with V10

DSC01744-th.jpg

abbeytoo

Newly Enlightened
I havent seen GreenLeds report but have a look at:
http://www.identi-tape.com/phosphor.htm
I've used the High-energy Long-life Photoluminescent Tape outdoors for about 6 months without problems but the other 2 tapes (less bright) are for outdoor use.

Ah, cool stuff. I wonder why the brighter stuff is so much cheaper than the not as bright stuff. sort of backasswards, isn't it?

And of course, they are out of the brighter stuff :mecry: