• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

newbie! where to buy modded mini m*g all installed

BillG

Newly Enlightened
went to sandwich shop website. as a newbie was too confused. does anyone sell a modded minim*g with all the "stuff" already installed? i dont even have a "real" m*g but would like to get one modded with a luxeon star

thanks,

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: newbie! where to buy modded mini m*g all insta

BillG,
Hmmmm, never thought of it that way. To actually put the sandwich in the minimag/Brinkmann Legend 2AA is very simple. Rip the guts out of the top of the light (with head and batteries removed) slide the sandwich in, put the optics and o-ring in the head...screw the head on. Slide the batteries in, place Kroll tailcap switch on the end and tighten. Viola! Completed flashlight. Wayne has the instructions with pictures on his site about modding the flashlight for the sandwich.
Welcome to the CPF Bill, enjoy the banter and don't spend too much money. By the way, buy them all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bill and welcome to CPF,

It is much easier than it might look at first glance.

Just pick the Drop in 2AA Flashlight Modules(5) option under "Categories". Then pick the module you want to try (personally I am partial to the BadBoy 400 w/Q3 option). When you purchase a sandwich module, Wayne(dat2zip) includes everything you need.

Very nice Drop in sandwich Installation Instructions are available on this page of his web site. These happen to show how to do it with a Mini-Mag but the process is nearly identical for a Brinkmann Legend 2AA (which personally I prefer because of the excellent tailswitch).

If you have any problems at all with installation after you get your module, just ask here and you will get more answers than you need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pat

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
Beware BillG!!! You will need to set aside some major time to do this conversion. The BB400 sandwich conversion that I just did took me almost one minute. One whopping minute!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, note that the tools needed to do this conversion are not included. You will need to supply your own fingers and hands to do this conversion and other than those tools, no other will be needed. These sandwiches are a breeze to put in. BTW, welcome to CPF.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF.

Everything that they said is completely on the mark.

After you buy the sandwich kit, all you need is a Mini-Mag or Brinkmann Legend, AA cells, and fingers.

Entropy

Enlightened

And then you're going to need a LOT more cash to satisfy your new Luxeon addiction.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello BillG,

Welcome.

I have found complete modifications for sale in Buy/Sell/Trade. Other than that, you will have to do the modification yourself. You might as well jump in with both feet and do it yourself.

Tom

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

The MadMax now comes both ways - adjustable and not adjustable (WO - without the pot).